FAA gobbledy-gook...

RotaryWingBob said:
A hard copy of the link below arrived today. It took me (and maybe I'm just slow) three readings to make any sense out of.

It seems to me that all they had to say was that if you have a prop strike you gotta comply with AD 2004-10-14... Sheeesh...

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/safety/alerts/saib/media/NE-06-32.pdf

Got that a couple of weeks ago and came to the same conclusion. Big waste fo paper and someone's time.

I read that untill I got to the part where it said except 0-320H and quit

JRitt said:
I read that untill I got to the part where it said except 0-320H and quit

They did that just for you because they figured you got enough problems :(

Making any headway to getting it fixed BTW???

I think your missing the significance of the Bulletin, in that a FSDO may authorize a
Ferry permit after a Prop strike. I don’t remember that being the case before and the way some FSDO’s are ….. Well enough said. The FAA man is watching.

Tim said:
I think your missing the significance of the Bulletin, in that a FSDO may authorize a
Ferry permit after a Prop strike. I don’t remember that being the case before and the way some FSDO’s are ….. Well enough said. The FAA man is watching.
I guess it can be interpreted that way though that makes no sense to me. No way I would want to fly an a/c which had a prop strike, ferry permit or no :no:

RotaryWingBob said:
I guess it can be interpreted that way though that makes no sense to me. No way I would want to fly an a/c which had a prop strike, ferry permit or no :no:

You haven't been in the places that a minor prop strike can happen around here. Its been done a lot before and after the AD with out a problem. Safe does not mean risk free. :fcross: :hairraise:

Tim said:
You haven't been in the places that a minor prop strike can happen around here. Its been done a lot before and after the AD with out a problem. Safe does not mean risk free. :fcross: :hairraise:
What is a minor prop strike? You wanna fly it, be my guest. I won't...

I know pilots who died trying that.

RotaryWingBob said:
What is a minor prop strike? You wanna fly it, be my guest. I won't...

I know pilots who died trying that.

Minor is like, the engine is still attached to the airframe.;)

I have had good friends die flying almost brand new planes that came apart. Safe does not mean Risk free. I've seen an IO-520 bend the crap out of two props and got to overhaul with out a teardown. :dunno:

Back