FAA Civil Aviation Registration Electronic Services (CARES)

baboss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brock
FAA Civil Aviation Registration Electronic Services (CARES)
https://www.transportation.gov/reso...n-registration-electronic-services-cares

It appears the initial phase of this service quietly went live for Aircraft Services.

The Federal Aviation Administration is developing the Civil Aviation Registry Electronic Services (CARES) system, which is a web-based system that gives the aviation community the ability to securely submit applications, upload documentation, and provide the data necessary for the Civil Aviation Registry to perform aircraft registration and airman certification services. CARES will become the central and legal repository of all aircraft registration and airmen certification records and will replace the AVS Registry Service when fully implemented. CARES is implemented in three phases:

• Phase 1 - Aircraft Registration Services : Initial Operating Capability “IOC” (estimated delivery date: December 2022); Aircraft Registration: Full Operating Capability “FOC” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2023)
• Phase 2 - Airman Examination Service: Initial Operating Capability “IOC” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2024); Airman Certification and Rating: Full Operating Capability “FOC” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2025), and
• Phase 3 - Unmanned Aircraft Services “UAS” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2025)

Action:
Go to https://cares.faa.gov/. You will need to create an account and can download a verification app like Ockta or Google Authenticator and hook to your account for 2 factor authentication. Once you have done that you can look up registry and airworthiness documents for any tail number.

I tried it and its works. I looked at my tail number as well as others. This will be handy when looking to purchase an airplane, to make sure the FAA received your last 337, to find a 337 for another aircraft, etc.

Any screenshot of what data is shown?
The same info you can see as far as aircraft registration here (for example) https://www.flightaware.com/resources/registration/N4GA which was scraped from the now firewalled and non working FAA link. Plus all the aircraft documents you'd normally receive if you ordered records for any aircraft like registrations, bills of sale, 337's, lien conveyance/releases, address changes, etc.
It'll be interesting to see what's available in phase 2 for Airmen records.

It seems I already had somewhat of an account. I think it may use the same auth as something else. MedExpress or one of the other FAA databases I have access to.

Doesn't quite seem all there. It has just about every useful featured grayed out. The ones that aren't take you off site. I can't even create a co-ownership account to do stuff with my plane.

It seems I already had somewhat of an account. I think it may use the same auth as something else. MedExpress or one of the other FAA databases I have access to.

Doesn't quite seem all there. It has just about every useful featured grayed out. The ones that aren't take you off site. I can't even create a co-ownership account to do stuff with my plane.
Probably. They are using the same system for multiple FAA functions. I have two, but that's because I have use two different email addresses.

At this point, the only access is to the aircraft registration and airworthiness data and documents all the way back to the initial purchase from the manufacturer.

Any screenshot of what data is shown?
The same info you can see as far as aircraft registration here (for example) https://www.flightaware.com/resources/registration/N4GA which was scraped from the now firewalled and non working FAA link. Plus all the aircraft documents you'd normally receive if you ordered records for any aircraft like registrations, bills of sale, 337's, lien conveyance/releases, address changes, etc.
It'll be interesting to see what's available in phase 2 for Airmen records.
Yep. All the way back to the first sale.

The FAA link you listed works for me.
Yeah, wasn't working for me when I was posting last night be is now.

As linked above functionality is being rolled out in phases.
• Phase 1 - Aircraft Registration Services : Initial Operating Capability “IOC” (estimated delivery date: December 2022); Aircraft Registration: Full Operating Capability “FOC” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2023)
• Phase 2 - Airman Examination Service: Initial Operating Capability “IOC” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2024); Airman Certification and Rating: Full Operating Capability “FOC” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2025), and
• Phase 3 - Unmanned Aircraft Services “UAS” (estimated delivery date: Fall 2025)

I'm sure there will be an official announcement/press release at some point, and probably some how-to videos on the FAA's Youtube channel. They've been pumping out a lot of videos the past couple of years.

Back