FAA Airmen certificate

Flyfishingpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
KC1
I went to check on a pilot certificate on the FAA database. Instead of listing the ratings, it simply stated : "please call FSDO for details".

I've never seen this before. Is that something you can request the FAA to post instead of your ratings?

I've never heard of that before, but I doubt it's something you can request, or a lot of the famous people would have done so for privacy reasons. My guess would be that there was some sort of certificate action.

Maybe the person is under some type of enforcement action. The FAA may want to know who is checking up on the person and why.

Thread Hijack:

Looking at certificates on the database, I found one with this limitation which seems odd. Anyone have any thoughts to the reasoning behind it?

Limits

THE HOLDER SHALL NOT PILOT ANY AIRCRAFT CARRYING PASSENGERS EXCEPT ON FLIGHTS OVER THE ISLAND OF OKINAWA AND WITHIN A RADIUS OF 40 MILES FROM THE AIRPORT OF T-O.

This may be a 61.133 (b) Limitation

(b) Limitations. (1) A person who applies for a commercial pilot certificate with an airplane category or powered-lift category rating and does not hold an instrument rating in the same category and class will be issued a commercial pilot certificate that contains the limitation, "The carriage of passengers for hire in (airplanes) (powered-lifts) on cross-country flights in excess of 50 nautical miles or at night is prohibited." The limitation may be removed when the person satisfactorily accomplishes the requirements listed in §61.65 of this part for an instrument rating in the same category and class of aircraft listed on the person's commercial pilot certificate.

Thread Hijack:

Looking at certificates on the database, I found one with this limitation which seems odd. Anyone have any thoughts to the reasoning behind it?

Limits

THE HOLDER SHALL NOT PILOT ANY AIRCRAFT CARRYING PASSENGERS EXCEPT ON FLIGHTS OVER THE ISLAND OF OKINAWA AND WITHIN A RADIUS OF 40 MILES FROM THE AIRPORT OF T-O.

In an earlier life I belonged to the Kadena Flying Club on Okinawa. Part 61 contains cross-country requirements that cannot be met by a pilot training on Okinawa, so that limitation is placed on the certificate of any pilot who takes a checkride there.

Bob Gardner

Thread Hijack:

Limits

I could be wrong, but I think I've heard of such a limitation on pilots who earned their cert. on a remote island (where their X-C training would be limited).

I could be wrong, but I think I've heard of such a limitation on pilots who earned their cert. on a remote island (where their X-C training would be limited).
Concur - since the limitation doesn't say anything about "for hire", it's likely that the pilot never got to complete the required "long" X/Cs.

Back