FA poisons pilot

It is common folk lore that FA's at regionals and majors put Visene eye drops in pilots that they don't like coffee. I guess it gives them the 'squirts', if ya know what I mean.

So...what do you suppose the FAA would think about a FA basically poisoning the crew of a 121 scheduled operator? Never happened to me but it was a running joke amongst the FA's at my company. They would often say, "Oh, if he acted like that to me then he'd get the 'Visene'.

Haven't heard of them putting Visine in coffee. However, I have heard of them accidentally/purposely slipping Bailey's in there.

Haven't heard of them putting Visine in coffee. However, I have heard of them accidentally/purposely slipping Bailey's in there.

Ha.... Baileys is a way to get the front office to play with you on the overnight layover..:redface::redface:.

As ugly as the FAs are anymore it might take a half bottle of Jack Daniels for most of them to "get lucky".;):rofl:

Welcome to POA..:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Ha.... Baileys is a way to get the front office to play with you on the overnight layover..:redface::redface:.

I wouldn't complain if some made its way into my cup of Java. Probably perform better. shhh.

That me reminds me, is it true that Air France Pilots get to have wine with their crew meals? I've heard several say yes, and several say no. Just curious...

As ugly as the FAs are anymore it might take a half bottle of Jack Daniels for most of them to "get lucky".;):rofl:

Welcome to POA..:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

The baby boomer generation ruined it for us. HR/Managebrats know that young tail gets us in trouble.

And thanks. Glad to be here. Should have joined long ago.

Last edited:
I've heard yes to the airfrance wine question. Not a lot, just a little with dinner.

Before this post, I'd heard about the OWT of it, but never knew anyone who'd directly witnessed it.

I'd never really looked up the real issues with Visine consumption until now:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

Nasty stuff. Low risk of diarrhea, but 2ML for a little kid, or a half a bottle to an adult has high risk of death.

Spooky to think something so dangerous is commonly thought of as a harmless practical joke, or minor retribution.

Before this post, I'd heard about the OWT of it, but never knew anyone who'd directly witnessed it.

I'd never really looked up the real issues with Visine consumption until now:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

Nasty stuff. Low risk of diarrhea, but 2ML for a little kid, or a half a bottle to an adult has high risk of death.

Spooky to think something so dangerous is commonly thought of as a harmless practical joke, or minor retribution.

To be clear, I've never actually caught someone doing it or seen it being done. But I have sat in crew rooms where FAs joked about it openly and heard first hand some admit to wanting to do it to certain pilots if they flew with them again. Can't say I've ever heard one admit to actually doing it though...

Yes, let's use a post count as a measurement of a piloting skill. Hey, I have less than 150. This means that I am still learning what all these little dials in plane do?

You too? I thought I was the only one ... thank god I don't have an ejection option in mine:rolleyes:

To be clear, I've never actually caught someone doing it or seen it being done. But I have sat in crew rooms where FAs joked about it openly and heard first hand some admit to wanting to do it to certain pilots if they flew with them again. Can't say I've ever heard one admit to actually doing it though...

Precisely why I don't drink their coffee (taste like shiz anyways), eat the crew meals, or accept any opened water bottles. Trust no one. Yah never know.

Back