FA poisons pilot

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
It is common folk lore that FA's at regionals and majors put Visene eye drops in pilots that they don't like coffee. I guess it gives them the 'squirts', if ya know what I mean.

So...what do you suppose the FAA would think about a FA basically poisoning the crew of a 121 scheduled operator? Never happened to me but it was a running joke amongst the FA's at my company. They would often say, "Oh, if he acted like that to me then he'd get the 'Visene'.

So...what do you suppose the FAA would think about a FA basically poisoning the crew of a 121 scheduled operator?

A friendly chastizement and a slap on the shoulder?
Either that or 10-30yrs in federal pen depending on the outcome.

It is common folk lore that FA's at regionals and majors put Visene eye drops in pilots that they don't like coffee. I guess it gives them the 'squirts', if ya know what I mean.

So...what do you suppose the FAA would think about a FA basically poisoning the crew of a 121 scheduled operator? Never happened to me but it was a running joke amongst the FA's at my company. They would often say, "Oh, if he acted like that to me then he'd get the 'Visene'.

I saw that movie, nothing happened to the FA.

No. Because it would potentially kill them, not give them diarrhea. This OWT is actually one of the more dangerous ones, because it causes a slew of issues, including low heart rate, severe, life threatening lethargy, and dangerous poison symptoms.

But not one case has ever caused diarrhea. Its called poisoning, and its not funny.

I agree with everything Nick said except the "OWT" part. It happens and happens all the time. Talk with a regional FA, as I have, and that's what they do when they perceive the guy(s) they are flying with is a Pr!ck. And with the predominately homosexual male FA workforce and the predominately hetro-sexual male pilot workforce with all that that entails you can imagine it happens quite often.

I agree with everything Nick said except the "OWT" part. It happens and happens all the time. Talk with a regional FA, as I have, and that's what they do when they perceive the guy(s) they are flying with is a Pr!ck. And with the predominately homosexual male FA workforce and the predominately hetro-sexual male pilot workforce with all that that entails you can imagine it happens quite often.
Sound like a wonderful working environment and an airline I want to fly on. :confused:

No, I can't imagine. Why would that be?

The FAA would hand it to the FBI or a Federal Prosecutor I'd imagine. Then you'll get a 709 ride to find out why you couldn't keep a woman in his place.:D

Last edited:

How come I have never heard of it before?

I just mean, what's your background? I can't possibly answer 'why you haven't heard of it before' without knowing what your background is, can I?

If you've only flown twin Otters in MI then it's easy to answer why you've never heard of it. If you're an ASA Captain for 12 years then I need to dig deeper as to why you've never heard of it. Maybe my airline blowed chunks. But it was an industry leading regional at the time so I'm hesitant to go that route.

I just mean, what's your background? I can't possibly answer 'why you haven't heard of it before' without knowing what your background is, can I?
We weren't talking about my background, you asked about Greg's.

If you've only flown twin Otters in MI then it's easy to answer why you've never heard of it. If you're an ASA Captain for 12 years then I need to dig deeper as to why you've never heard of it. Maybe my airline blowed chunks. But it was an industry leading regional at the time so I'm hesitant to go that route.
:popcorn:

Your airline blew chunks if you were at Pinnacle.

Hey, when I quote you your quoted comments dont come through. Not my fault.

Post 13: Greg asks why he's never heard of it.

Post 14: I ask what his experience is.

Post 15: you quote me and 'scratch your head'

Post 16: I explain I need his experience to understand why he 'never heard of it'

Post 17: You say, "We weren't talking about my background, you asked about Greg's"

To which, yup...still waiting. Not sure what your post has to do with anything though.

Last edited:
Your airline blew chunks if you were at Pinnacle.

Pinnacle does indeed blow chunks. I was not there though. ACA then Independence Air. I'm pretty sure we didn't blow chunks.

Hey, when I quote you your quoted comments dont come through. Not my fault.

Post 13: Greg asks why he's never heard of it.

Post 14: I ask what his experience is.

Post 15: you quote me and 'scratch your head'

Post 16: I explain I need his experience to understand why he 'never heard of it'

Post 17: You say, "We weren't talking about my background, you asked about Greg's"

To which, yup...still waiting. Not sure what your post has to do with anything though.

Greg is qualified to opine.

Greg is qualified to opine.

I never said he wasn't. I saw his post count. I was simply trying to point out that I am not qualified to answer his question if I don't know his background / experience.

A question of "How come I've never heard of that?" is pretty dang vague. What else should I do? Try to guess an answer without knowing the guy? Even if I know the guy I may have no idea why he doesn't know something.

Seriously, how would you answer post 13?

If you can answer that then answer this: Why do I like Sushi?

I am sure Greg will be along soon... Last I heard he was a "freight dog" flying a worn out Chieften solo to Bugtussle NC and back every month.:yesnod::rofl:...
Word on the street is they are going to move him to left seat soon too.:yesnod::goofy:

I am sure Greg will be along soon... Last I heard he was a "freight dog" flying a worn out Chieften solo to Bugtussle NC and back every month.:yesnod::rofl:...
Word on the street is they are going to move him to left seat soon too.:yesnod::goofy:
You think he wants to be moved to left seat?:yikes:

OMG this is awesome. LOL. It is so funny to have someone ask Greg of all people what his background is.

I, humble low time pilot, feel honored to even know Greg.

You people are crazy.

Even if Greg is Chuck freakin Yeager, his post was 'how come I've never heard of it?'

How the hell would I know why anyone on Gods green earth has or hasn't heard of anything??? Seriously.

OMG this is awesome. LOL. It is so funny to have someone ask Greg of all people what his background is.

I, humble low time pilot, feel honored to even know Greg.
Wait, when did you meet him?:dunno: Now, if you come to OSH or maybe Gaston's you'll probably get the chance!

And remember, Captain is pretty new here, at least as far as posting goes, so s/he hasn't had a chance to get to know all the players yet. Of course, s/he does seem to have picked up at least some of the personalities! :D

Wait, when did you meet him?:dunno: Now, if you come to OSH or maybe Gaston's you'll probably get the chance!

And remember, Captain is pretty new here, at least as far as posting goes, so s/he hasn't had a chance to get to know all the players yet. Of course, s/he does seem to have picked up at least some of the personalities! :D

Grant, I "know" him from the months and months I spent each and every night in the chat room. I don't actually "know" him. But when I was a student, he was one who was supportive..... so I feel that I "know" him sorta kinda.

I never said he wasn't. I saw his post count. I was simply trying to point out that I am not qualified to answer his question if I don't know his background / experience.

A question of "How come I've never heard of that?" is pretty dang vague. What else should I do? Try to guess an answer without knowing the guy? Even if I know the guy I may have no idea why he doesn't know something.

Because he's been at United longer than you've been flying.

Ok, for Captain's benefit, I am 23 years with UAL and a couple of commuters before that.

Pinnacle does indeed blow chunks. I was not there though. ACA then Independence Air. I'm pretty sure we didn't blow chunks.

Dojet?

I actually know an FA from there (on the united side) that bragged about doing the visine in the coffee thing. Didn't say whether it had any effect though. She was an oddball for sure...

You people are crazy.

Even if Greg is Chuck freakin Yeager, his post was 'how come I've never heard of it?'

How the hell would I know why anyone on Gods green earth has or hasn't heard of anything??? Seriously.
As a "newbie" that's actually a very fair question. But, as Greg hasn't jumped in with his quals, I'll take that to mean that he doesn't really need us sticking up for him either! :) Let's just say that, if your anecdote is true, most of us would expect him to have heard about it.

Edit: Okay, he posted while I was.

Level headed post. All I can say is... I'M A MAN BABY!!! (you can stop with the s/he thing)

Level headed post. All I can say is... I'M A MAN BABY!!! (you can stop with the s/he thing)
I guessed you were, as that would match with 93% of the pilots out there, but I certainly didn't want to presume! Nothing good or bad about it, just that English kind of sucks on the prepositions, or lack thereof.

Back