FA on test?

Clip4

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cli4ord
any one still seeing students getting FA questions on the written test?.

FA - Fricken Acronyms. There was one on the IR written, had to pick out wind shear.

or maybe that was a metar, can't remember if FA has WS info, too lazy to look it up.

Last edited:
According to the ASA update page they were removed in 2017. FAA also publishes a summary of updates but I am too lazy to try to find it right now.

According to the ASA update page they were removed in 2017. FAA also publishes a summary of updates but I am too lazy to try to find it right now.
I couldn’t find anything from FAA. Will check ASA, thanks.

Changes Applicable to the Private Pilot Airplane (PAR) Knowledge Test
• Aircraft performance and weather questions that involve multiple interpolations across multiple charts do not include multiple interpolations across multiple charts.

From the link above. I guess I don’t speak bureaucrat. WTF does that sentence mean?

Changes Applicable to the Private Pilot Airplane (PAR) Knowledge Test
• Aircraft performance and weather questions that involve multiple interpolations across multiple charts do not include multiple interpolations across multiple charts.

From the link above. I guess I don’t speak bureaucrat. WTF does that sentence mean?

It means the test question does not require you to first obtain a value from chart A to solve the test question requiring you to use chart B

I understand multiple interpolation, but read the sentence. How can a question both involve something and not involve the same thing?

I understand multiple interpolation, but read the sentence. How can a question both involve something and not involve the same thing?

Looks like a typo, the clause starting with "do not" shouldn't be there.

Back