F-150 Diesel

Of course, if we are talking trucks... it’s hard not to feel embarrassed for Nissan... not so much because their top of the line is bad in any way, but because they think they’ll get truck buyers to pay the same prices as the Big Three trucks.

They got one thing way right though. Column shifter. I hate losing center console and floor space to levers unless the truck is a manual. And Doug doesn’t get that so he picks on the manual shift buttons on the stalk, which are perfect, if you ask me.

But $65,000 for a Nissan truck? Not happening. Not even with the baby Cummins.

The move to the rotary shift selector (like many Ford/Dodge cars) will be here soon enough and you can have your console back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll say a prayer for you Chevy folks.

The move to the rotary shift selector (like many Ford/Dodge cars) will be here soon enough and you can have your console back.

Hahaha. I’ve already posted the joke about that stupidity. Nickleback comes on the radio and in your haste to make it go away, you destroy your tranny by putting it in Park. ;)

Hahaha. I’ve already posted the joke about that stupidity. Nickleback comes on the radio and in your haste to make it go away, you destroy your tranny by putting it in Park. ;)

Lol, yeah I’ve seen that joke posted in multiple places. If it weren’t for the software overriding any gear changes other than neutral while in motion, it’d definitely be a funny problem.

I dunno why they don’t just move the whole thing to the left side of the steering wheel anyway. No reason for it to be in the center taking up space.

Lol, yeah I’ve seen that joke posted in multiple places. If it weren’t for the software overriding any gear changes other than neutral while in motion, it’d definitely be a funny problem.

I dunno why they don’t just move the whole thing to the left side of the steering wheel anyway. No reason for it to be in the center taking up space.

Because the column shifter was perfect and as God intended and everyone screwed it up? ;)

What in hell do you people do to beat the crap out your vehicles? I live off pavement on a ranch, where we raise horses. Our three pick-ups have to work. And maybe I've just been lucky because I've just not had the same number of things go wrong. Yet. :(

Well Nate, you're going to chuckle when you hear this one. I should have anticipated this would happen.

Got to the office today. Buddy called and asked if he could borrow my truck for a couple of hours as he needed a pick-up box to move something. Came over, got in and could not move the seat forward. The electric adjustment on the driver's seat quit. Makes lots of relay-sounding clicking noises but nothing moves, except for the lumbar inflate. No backrest adjust, no height adjust, no fore/aft adjust,nothing but the mini-airbag.

Guess this is the first of the dreaded GM electrical failures you were speaking about. :mad:

Any ideas, before I take it in to the dealer and have to buy the truck back from them when they repair it?

Guess this is the first of the dreaded GM electrical failures you were speaking about. :mad:

Any ideas, before I take it in to the dealer and have to buy the truck back from them when they repair it?

LOL. Share the love. :)

I always check the connectors first but it’s probably a dead motor. I think those are pretty easy to get to under the seat, after removing it, but I haven’t experienced that particular failure yet.

Since it’s clicking a relay, the relays tend to be how they switch higher current things. Might want to check for a blown fuse before anything else in the high current side of whatever feeds the seat motor. See if the relay is actually sending power to the seat motor. It’s a little odd it won’t move in one direction but not the other plane though. Two motors I think, one for up and down, the other for fire and aft, and then as you noted, a third for the lumbar support air pump.

While the stuff does break, I haven’t found anything other than the servos in the dash cluster that needed any more skill than unplugging a dead module and replacing it.

Or in your case maybe the motor.

Have 10mm sockets, will travel! Hahahaha.

Not really of course but I bet you won’t need any special brain cells to replace the motor if it’s getting juice and isn’t moving.

There’s probably a bunch of YouTube videos on how to do it, too.

The seat removal will require a big ass torx driver. I forget what size. Chevy loves those silly things. Harbor Freight had a cheap set that were big enough as I recall.

That’s said removing the seat is a bit of a pain just because it’s bulky and what not. I’ve been avoiding pulling my driver seat to replace the leather that went from normal to “exploded” like they all do on the outboard side where you slide in and out of the seat.

Maybe if I find my lost “round ‘tuit” in the garage and you haven’t done yours yet, I can take some photos.

But YouTube probably has a bunch of videos. If not for the motors definitely for removing the seats to do the upholstery re-fit and you can probably see how they disconnect and reconnect the motors electrically at least.

I’ll say a prayer for you Chevy folks.

13 year old Duramax. Last month I had to replace a daytime running light and a back up bulb.

At 5 years I had a rear axle seal leaking, so I replaced both sides.

Now I see a small tear in the fabric on the drivers seat..... biggest POS I ever had..!!! :lol::lol:

I'll trade it off at 20 years, and I'll probably wish I had kept it.

13 year old Duramax. Last month I had to replace a daytime running light and a back up bulb.

At 5 years I had a rear axle seal leaking, so I replaced both sides.

Now I see a small tear in the fabric on the drivers seat..... biggest POS I ever had..!!! :lol::lol:

I'll trade it off at 20 years, and I'll probably wish I had kept it.

Can’t talk any sense into a Chevy owner...

LOL...just kidding. I just like to get people riled up about trucks.

Just sold my ‘02 Silverado Duramax with 305k on it. It was a great truck although that was one of the years of bad injector design. Replaced them twice. Other than that just routine stuff.
Lucked up on an ‘07 with 69k on it.
Just spent a week driving a brand new F150 rental. I’ll take my Chevy any day.

Back