External Push to Talk Switch

jordane93

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jordan
I'm doing CFI training and notice that almost all of the planes in my flight school has the PTT button on the left side of the yoke on the right seat. Sometimes I have to make power changes and talk at the same time which makes it kind of difficult. I was looking into buying one of these to stick on the right side of the yoke http://www.skygeek.com/pilot-usa-pa-50-push-to-talk-switch.html
to ease up the problem. Anyone have any experience with this one. I'm really not looking to spend a lot on one.

Last trip into the avionics shop, I had them install a ptt on the right side of the co pilots yoke so you can work the throttle.

But that doesn't help with your deal OP.

Try it out. Hope it works out for you.

Last trip into the avionics shop, I had them install a ptt on the right side of the co pilots yoke so you can work the throttle.

But that doesn't help with your deal OP.

Try it out. Hope it works out for you.
I wonder why they have a PTT on the left side of the yoke on the right seat. My dad says all the planes he flew has them on the right side of the yoke on the right seat which seems intuitive.

I'm doing CFI training and notice that almost all of the planes in my flight school has the PTT button on the left side of the yoke on the right seat. Sometimes I have to make power changes and talk at the same time which makes it kind of difficult. I was looking into buying one of these to stick on the right side of the yoke http://www.skygeek.com/pilot-usa-pa-50-push-to-talk-switch.html
to ease up the problem. Anyone have any experience with this one. I'm really not looking to spend a lot on one.

Yep, I bought one of those Velcro on ones that plug into the mic and then the head set plugs into it around 25 years ago for approx $10, it still works today.

I wonder why they have a PTT on the left side of the yoke on the right seat. My dad says all the planes he flew has them on the right side of the yoke on the right seat which seems intuitive.

Your dad is correct. Whoever wired that airplane did it incorrectly.

The mike on your headset should also be on the right side. Many popular brands (many Lightspeed models) do not allow that.

Bose switches sides properly.

Any pro wired cockpit will be like this King Air.

june-King-Air-B300.jpg

Last edited:
Back