"Expired Dealer" on registration

ultrarunner

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ultrarunner
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a plane where the registration status says "Expired Dealer". The owner says everything is good, but I'm trying to understand how the registration status could get this way. Does this mean the dealers' license has expired and that's reflected in the registration? That they simply didn't renew registration at some point? I'm also curious how this could potentially affect a bill of sale.

Anyone have any insight?

Sounds like the new owner may not have gotten his registration back from the FAA yet.

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a plane where the registration status says "Expired Dealer". The owner says everything is good, but I'm trying to understand how the registration status could get this way. Does this mean the dealers' license has expired and that's reflected in the registration? That they simply didn't renew registration at some point? I'm also curious how this could potentially affect a bill of sale.

Anyone have any insight?

Strongly consider using an aircraft escrow/title company to make sure the registration & title are properly sorted. A lot of the good escrow companies walk the paperwork over to the FAA to ensure title transfers with funds.

Anyone have any insight?
Most likely the online database has not been updated. Dealer registrations are a different process/form and they expire after one year. A quick call to the Registration Office in Ok City will verify the status. Call the local number vs 1-800 number as you tend to get a real person quicker.

You do know in most states you are paying sales tax if the plane was purchased from a dealer?

Back