Expired 3rd class

R

rusty student

My medical expired at the end of last month, it was first issued in 2017. I have a special issuance and historically I have received a letter from FAA every year requesting info from my Dr. This year I have received nothing from FAA and am curious as to why, are they experiencing a delay due to covid? I also turned 40 this year, maybe that means I just need to schedule an appointment with my AME? Anyone have any insight.

My medical expired at the end of last month, it was first issued in 2017. I have a special issuance and historically I have received a letter from FAA every year requesting info from my Dr. This year I have received nothing from FAA and am curious as to why, are they experiencing a delay due to covid? I also turned 40 this year, maybe that means I just need to schedule an appointment with my AME? Anyone have any insight.
Well you don't need a new AME exam until '22.

You need to send them the information required in that original 2017 letter.

I presume once I send the requested information there will just be a lapse in certification from October until my new certification comes?

Could you do basic med immediately to fill the gap between expiration time and when you get a renewal?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back