Exp Exhibition

Grum.Man

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Grum.Man
Is Experimental Exhibition getting easier to accomplish? I’m seeing a growing number of antique airplanes on Facebook type pages getting converted to experimental exhibition. It used to be thought this was very difficult to accomplish with very tight restrictions. Seems as though the feds are relaxing a bit or maybe the flew that slip through are just more visible thanks to social media. Anyone seeing the same thing on a local level?

Is Experimental Exhibition getting easier to accomplish?
Not that I've seen. Some people use it to lower their maintenance costs especially those who tend to fly in certain specific areas and/or specific events where the added requirements are not a big deal. Know of several different aircraft under EE to include 2 gliders. Over half the EE was their only option and the others it was becoming increasing difficult to keep it maintained under a Standard AWC.

Is Experimental Exhibition getting easier to accomplish? I’m seeing a growing number of antique airplanes on Facebook type pages getting converted to experimental exhibition. It used to be thought this was very difficult to accomplish with very tight restrictions. Seems as though the feds are relaxing a bit or maybe the flew that slip through are just more visible thanks to social media. Anyone seeing the same thing on a local level?

Curious - what sort of aircraft are you seeing getting these that seem outside of what was seen before?

Curious - what sort of aircraft are you seeing getting these that seem outside of what was seen before?
Not really outside of what I’ve seen, just seems more common now. Luscombe, Piper pacers, Stinson. Mostly antique planes that people of either re engined, put new propellers on, or made other non approved modifications.

Back