Ever get double billed by Textron?

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Got an email invoice today from Cessna/Textron saying I never paid for the new POH for the airplane.

Pulled out the paper invoice they enclosed in the box, and right there on it, it says "PAID by MC: XXXX, Auth: YYYYYY" and the Terms on the invoice say, "Paid in Advance".

First email back before I dug out the paper invoice was, "I believe we already paid this via CC when we bought it." They said they'd "look into it". Second email included the above details.

Perhaps they will go away now. Sheesh. Why am I doing their own paperwork reading for them?

System is obviously set up for invoices and purchase orders and doesn't handle CC payments well. Guess the thousand dollar parts usually go that route on the fancy stuff they sell these days.

Just mildly annoying. Especially with a head cold.

Call them and ask if they routinely ship products without payment terms in place.

Got an email invoice today from Cessna/Textron saying I never paid for the new POH for the airplane.

Pulled out the paper invoice they enclosed in the box, and right there on it, it says "PAID by MC: XXXX, Auth: YYYYYY" and the Terms on the invoice say, "Paid in Advance".

First email back before I dug out the paper invoice was, "I believe we already paid this via CC when we bought it." They said they'd "look into it". Second email included the above details.

Perhaps they will go away now. Sheesh. Why am I doing their own paperwork reading for them?

System is obviously set up for invoices and purchase orders and doesn't handle CC payments well. Guess the thousand dollar parts usually go that route on the fancy stuff they sell these days.

Just mildly annoying. Especially with a head cold.

Call them and ask if they routinely ship products without payment terms in place.

LOL. They probably do. But I think having sent them their own CC approval code, they'll be able to figure it out. They just seem disorganized.

Interesting.

Beech was excellent in handling parts and accessory sales, but Textron has been somewhat less so. They closed the Dallas warehouse, so that sucks, because now I can't get stuff CPO. And prices... oy vey!

It's the large corporation modus operandi these days.
I have to allot a few hours each month to retrieve money, or defend against illegitimate billing.
They are fully aware that 50% of people and 95% of businesses will not dispute bogus charges.
It's definitely become a profit center for them.
I expect a congress - appointed study soon. I'm serious.

They are fully aware that 50% of people and 95% of businesses will not dispute bogus charges.

My wife thought she "bought" some "as seen on TV" crap this year. A few months in I'm asking her, "Did you get a subscription to something?" because I'm seeing a recurring charge of about $6 every month from a very obfuscated name on one of the credit cards. Nothing on the business name matched the thing she "bought" or companies she'd dealt with.

Called the CC company to dispute, they say they've found a phone number for the merchant, would I mind talking to the merchant in a conference call? Oh no... I wouldn't mind at all! This should be fun.

Call center dude reading a script says it was a subscription not a purchase but he'll happily stop the subscription and credit this month's $6 back.

He is very polite for a scammer. Eventually he hangs up, credit card guy says to hang on, he's going to stop the recording, and kill the other line, then he comes back and says he'll reverse all but the first $25 charge for the product, and will block the merchant from charging us anything else, and if we see anything to call back and reference case number XXXXX. Nice they did the right thing.

I'm sure there's thousands of people out there paying these little $6 charges every month and have no idea what they're for and don't look at their statements.

One of my real pet peeves is that Karen likes to buy stuff from shall we say, "small vendors of unknown quality" and their "company names" are rather impossible to decipher on the credit card statements. Most put "PayPal" in the name somewhere too, even when it's not a PayPal account or a transaction through one. They know people will see small charges and think "oh yeah that's that little thing I bought online with PayPal so that place couldn't get my credit card number". Huge scam.

I just call and contest all of them that say PayPal that don't match up to a PayPal payment anymore. Sometimes it's something she legitimately bought but I make the card company go find out. If they can't make merchants use a company name that matches to a product and instead is a long string of numbers and letters, screw 'em. Prove I bought something. Or she did. Tell me exactly what it is and your real company name and when it was delivered. I'll wait. Or you'll enjoy having the charges reversed.

One legitimate vendor I'm about to stop using because they're constantly forking with their "company name" on every transaction is Patreon. I like their business model and the idea of paying a couple of bucks to good podcasters is right up my happy lane, but every month Patreon adds a different letter or number combo to their company name field which breaks my automated tracking and categorizing system. I'm about to tell them to go shove it if they can't just call themselves "Patreon" on my CC statement.

You know what's in the company name field of legitimate businesses? Their company name. And maybe an 800 number. If your system or your card processor is storing other crap in the company name field they're sending to my card company, you're making a mess of MY tracking system and annoying me. And if your company name doesn't match what I bought because you're using Billy Bob's cousin's little iPhone CAD reader under his company name or whatever, expect chargebacks from me until you put the right information on my card statement.

Probably should be in the Pet Peeve thread. Ha.

I got a double bill from PPG Aerospace. First bill, I called about and was told to expect it to be on my CC statement.
Six months later, I get a nasty call from their collections department, demanding payment for a delinquent bill.
Went through my records, and sure enough they had never charged my card. So I cut a check and carried it to their office in Kennesaw.
Found out someone there had dropped the ball.

I don't know about Cessna but this week I had a mystery deposit of $260k in one of my accounts. Called the bank and let them know someone miskeyed a deposit. They said they would look into that too... must be a natural response when someone messes up.

I don't know about Cessna but this week I had a mystery deposit of $260k in one of my accounts. Called the bank and let them know someone miskeyed a deposit. They said they would look into that too... must be a natural response when someone messes up.

It's really too bad you can't keep those errors in your favor and they get to eat it as a penalty for screwing up. LOL.

Speaking of that, they never seem to get it when I ask them if I can have the PIN requirement removed on my debit card for deposits. If someone wants to steal my card and make random deposits into my account, I certainly don't mind. :)

Textron emailed me back today saying the "payment cleared today" whatever the hell that means. I think it means, "I walked over and asked the credit card guy and he found it on a pile in his desk and ran it." LOL.

They should implement anew rule: every time they double bill, a Textron lawyer gets punched in the face. That'd solve the problem.

:p Every time I get a bill it seems like the price is double what it should be.

Last edited:
Back