Even Delta is bouncing people?

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
I can state without reservation that I've found myself doing the potty dance when taxi and takeoff take longer than expected. And [gasp] I get up while the seat belt sign is on.

But (no, not butt) it seems that the people in these ejected situations NEVER seem to comply with instructions. They are always bargaining and defiant. This guy is classic "I paid for my ticket" No **** Sherlock. "I need to get home." NSS.

We'll probably never know, but is it possible that he was being difficult before the camera rolled? Usually a simple "Sorry, I couldn't wait any longer" is enough and doesn't require a return to gate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...estroom-gets-man-kicked-off-flight/306818001/

I don't think it's odd that the guy who was told twice to return to his seat, and still locked himself in the bathroom while awaiting takeoff was removed from the plane. That's exactly what I'd expect to happen. Of course I'm not virtue signaling for all my Facebook friends.

I noticed that the flight attendant in the picture is black, like the passenger. Did the passenger ignore the FA's instructions because the FA is black?

When in doubt, play the race card:rolleyes:. We've had people get up and use the bathroom on taxiways a bunch of times. They ring the flight attendant button and say it's urgent, FA calls us and we stop the plane and don't move it until they are seated again. It's really not a hard concept. The worst thing you can do is just stand up while we're moving. Obviously it makes a difference if we are in ATL or Moline but just ring that button and FA's are usually able to accommodate.

I think my point is that I don't get thrown off planes every week because I'm reasonable. Not because I'm a skinny white boy in average priced suits.

These stories always have some argumentative "I don't have to" person. United might be right to give them a beat down. Delta's punishment is far worse, the arse had to fly home on Southwest.

Personally, I'd take the beating,

Last edited:
When in doubt, play the race card:rolleyes:. We've had people get up and use the bathroom on taxiways a bunch of times. They ring the flight attendant button and say it's urgent, FA calls us and we stop the plane and don't move it until they are seated again. It's really not a hard concept. The worst thing you can do is just stand up while we're moving. Obviously it makes a difference if we are in ATL or Moline but just ring that button and FA's are usually able to accommodate.
I've seen that happen. "Ma'am, could you ask the pilot if I have time to quickly use the bathroom?" Worst case, they'll say no, but we'll be in the air in five minutes. The consequences of defying the FSBS while in flight seem much less extreme than while taxiing, especially if you lose a takeoff clearance.

There's always more to the story. People see cameras come out...

FA calls us and we stop the plane and don't move it until they are seated again.
I mean, short of a medical condition, can people really not hold it for any meaningful amount of time? Use the bathroom in the airport 5 minutes before boarding, and don't gulp four Evians before boarding

**The best part of all this is, the people who throw a fit about the seat belt sign and having to stay seated for a few minutes are the same folks who will be the first to sue should they get injured in turbulence "the airline didn't do enough to ensure I was safe! I have emotional damage and need $25M"

...by the way, does anyone else think that the value of the seatbelt sign has been diminished because the sign is left on too long? I've been on flights that were glass smooth yet the sign was on maybe 75% percent of the time

Back when they were still in service I flew on Hungary's old airline, Malev, and they had the sign on for the initial takeoff, shut it off at 10K, and then turned it back on as we started getting close. That's probably the opposite end of the spectrum, but I feel like having it on 24/7 loses its meaning with people. If it's a liability thing I don't get that since they already make like 10 announcement to keep it on whenever you are seated

I mean, short of a medical condition, can people really not hold it for any meaningful amount of time? Use the bathroom in the airport 5 minutes before boarding, and don't gulp four Evians before boarding
I've had to go really bad on a taxiway and just called the FA and explained I couldn't hold it. She let the pilots know and we stopped, took care of my business, then we were on our way. Folks seem to be more combative to crew members now.

Folks seem to be more combative to crew members now.
I think that's also a product of a life that is too easy and too entitled for most people today. Anything you can't do when you want it and how you want it is seen as a personal insult against your rights. "What do you mean the machine is out of ice?! This is an outrage!"

I'm just surprised that anyone is getting a FA to respond to the call button. I almost never use it but the one or two times I have, it's just ignored.

A neighbors account of the incident. Evidently, he tried to ask FA(not via call button, however) first.

http://delta2035.blogspot.com/2017/04/open-letter-to-delta-for-removal-of.html

On a personal note, i can hold things forever, but there have been times in my life where i had to go suddenly with almost no warning and only had few minutes to accomplish it or else. When you gotta go, you gotta go.. you are not really thinking straight about it either...

I was on a flight where the seat-belt sign was on for a looong time because of turbulence, a lot of people were squirming. One kid, maybe 10-12, held it as long as he could. When we landed, his grandparents took him shopping for dry clothes.

...by the way, does anyone else think that the value of the seatbelt sign has been diminished because the sign is left on too long? I've been on flights that were glass smooth yet the sign was on maybe 75% percent of the time

Yes

Back when they were still in service I flew on Hungary's old airline, Malev, and they had the sign on for the initial takeoff, shut it off at 10K, and then turned it back on as we started getting close. That's probably the opposite end of the spectrum, but I feel like having it on 24/7 loses its meaning with people. If it's a liability thing I don't get that since they already make like 10 announcement to keep it on whenever you are seated

Similar experience on European airlines, in fact it seemed the sign was off even below 10,000 feet. But someone did try to get up with the sign on anyway and immediately got yelled at by 2 F/As.

A neighbors account of the incident. Evidently, he tried to ask FA(not via call button, however) first.

http://delta2035.blogspot.com/2017/04/open-letter-to-delta-for-removal-of.html

On a personal note, i can hold things forever, but there have been times in my life where i had to go suddenly with almost no warning and only had few minutes to accomplish it or else. When you gotta go, you gotta go.. you are not really thinking straight about it either...
That's the do-gooder lawyer who sat close to the guy and recorded the video and ran right to facebook to be the first to post it.

Notice in each of these 3 cases, there's always people that butt in and escalate the situation. The white knight who came to the cry baby's defense on the AA flight. The woman who kept screaming when they dragged the good "doctor" down the aisle. And now this lawyer and her lawyer husband (in the first link, there's a very nice picture of him holding the baby with his wife at the women's march---grow a sack dude!) had to get involved and made it worse.

The thing is, I've overheard FA's telling pax (on climb-out or with turbulence) that the seatbelt light is on, and they can't legally allow them to get up and go to the bathroom, but they also won't try and stop them if they do other than reiterating that the seatbelt light is still on.

Well, maybe this will take some heat off poor United !

Or just raise the heat on all in the form of folks realizing they get a payday every time. It's expensive to fly crews to remote places to testify in court and pay lawyers to deal with it.

The pro poker player figured his odds and won the game. Now all sorts of people will try it.

It'll be interesting to see how the airlines get it under control. I suspect some form of liability limit will be coming forthwith via Congress after the correct amount of money changes hands.

Or just raise the heat on all in the form of folks realizing they get a payday every time. It's expensive to fly crews to remote places to testify in court and pay lawyers to deal with it.

The pro poker player figured his odds and won the game. Now all sorts of people will try it.

It'll be interesting to see how the airlines get it under control. I suspect some form of liability limit will be coming forthwith via Congress after the correct amount of money changes hands.
Sane Tort reform would solve so many problems. It would add some Lawyers to unemployed count, but probably not so many that it would be a big problem.

I've had to go really bad on a taxiway and just called the FA and explained I couldn't hold it. She let the pilots know and we stopped, took care of my business, then we were on our way.
Did everyone applaud?

To the tune of "The Gambler"

You got to know when to book em,
Know when to fly em,
Know when it's time to bid and walk away,
You never count your vouchers when you're sitin on the airplane,
There'll be time enough for countin when the beatin's done.

Help me out out here, I can't come up with that last word
"beatin." perfect. Thx @denverpilot

Last edited:
To the tune of "The Gambler"

You got to know when to book em,
Know when to fly em,
Know when it's time to bid and walk away,
You never count your vouchers when you're sitin on the airplane,
There'll be plenty time for countin when the ________'s done.

Help me out out here, I can't come up with that last word

Beatin'

The thing is, I've overheard FA's telling pax (on climb-out or with turbulence) that the seatbelt light is on, and they can't legally allow them to get up and go to the bathroom, but they also won't try and stop them if they do other than reiterating that the seatbelt light is still on.

Yeah I have heard that one before. I don't think you will get a beating or cause an incident if you ignore the seatbelt sign in light turbulence on climb out or in cruise. However for Taxi, Takeoff and Landing you better keep your butt in the seat.

I have ignored the seat belt sign while in light turbulence to use the head a few times and never had the FA's say a word.

Back