eSTMP

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Has anyone been successful registering for estmp recently? Been waiting all morning for the emailed code. Requested it to be re-sent and still nada. Not sure if the system is busy or broken or if I screwed it up somehow.

Did you write down your reservation number that was on the next screen after you submitted your reservation? If you did, you can go back into the system and confirm it's there.

I can't even get registered. I've tried waiting several hours, and re- tried registering a couple times, but still haven't gotten the email.

I can't even get registered. I've tried waiting several hours, and re- tried registering a couple times, but still haven't gotten the email.

Are you putting in the GMT time for arrival or the local time? Remember you have to do the conversion and use GMT.

Forget the email for a moment, If you aren't getting this screen after hitting the submit button then the system didn't register your reservation:eSTMP.jpg

I can't submit a reservation yet as I can't confirm my registration for the website. I'm stuck here:
Screenshot_20210720-123314_Chrome.jpg

Nothing i try seems to generate the confirmation email. Guess I'm going to have to call the help number.

Another potential issue is the slots for the date/time you applied for are filled.

OK did

Did you get the screen I posted in post#5? If so did you write the number down?
No... You're missing what I'm saying. I can't even get to the point of requesting a reservation because the website won't let me register. The confirmation email I'm not getting is for REGISTRATION, not a reservation.

No... You're missing what I'm saying. I can't even get to the point of requesting a reservation because the website won't let me register. The confirmation email I'm not getting is for REGISTRATION, not a reservation.

Gotcha -- I just figured out what you are saying as you were posting this. Unfortunately I don't have an answer as I've had an account for years and I'm currently in the system without issue. I'd go ahead and call the help desk as slots can start to go quick.

Okay... got it sorted in a couple phone calls... not nearly as painful as I expected. I started with the number on the website, and was curtly told to "call the number in the NOTAM" which blindsided me a bit. So if anyone finds this thread, call the number on page 25. The guy who answered THAT number said its a known issue and gave me the number to get into the website over the phone.

That's good news! I just made my reservation for Friday afternoon.

That's good news! I just made my reservation for Friday afternoon.
I'm not planning on going until next week, but I figured I better have the website figured out before the reservations became available. Glad I did.

Now I need to decide whether to reserve for osh or fld. If osh camping is full, will i be able to divert to fld, or am I screwed? Can I reserve both?

Prog charts have high pressure in WI next week, so it probably won't matter.

Hi Jim,
In case useful info, same issue here when trying to register as a new user for e-STMP (and same for e-CVRS). i.e. no email received (with "new user" confirmation number); spam/junkmail filters checked and verified.

upload_2021-7-20_14-11-11.png

[EDIT]: Same as your solution Jim; all set, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not planning on going until next week, but I figured I better have the website figured out before the reservations became available. Glad I did.

Now I need to decide whether to reserve for osh or fld. If osh camping is full, will i be able to divert to fld, or am I screwed? Can I reserve both?

Prog charts have high pressure in WI next week, so it probably won't matter.

There might mesoscale activity next week, stay tuned..

I set up an account in 2019. I just tried to login and don’t remember what password i used. There’s no “forgot password” option on the page.

Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set up an account in 2019. I just tried to login and don’t remember what password i used. There’s no “forgot password” option on the page.

Ugh.

If it helps you narrow it down, the help file says it must be between 1-10 characters :lol:

Maybe it's "0"

Ugh.

Probably time to call the Helpdesk and have them reset it.

Did just that.

New question: “Origin” airport. Where we’ll be coming from is just a bit too far away. If it’s really IFR, we could file normally to JVL, fuel, then launch from there. Should I then use JVL as my “origin” airport? Or does it matter at this point?

Did just that.

New question: “Origin” airport. Where we’ll be coming from is just a bit too far away. If it’s really IFR, we could file normally to JVL, fuel, then launch from there. Should I then use JVL as my “origin” airport? Or does it matter at this point?

For the origin I used the departure airport for that final leg, not where I'm actually starting the trip from. In my case I'm starting in Tampa and stopping in Ellington TN (KLUG) for gas. So the final leg is KLUG to KOSH so I used KLUG as the origin for the purposes of the arrival reservation.

For the origin I used the departure airport for that final leg, not where I'm actually starting the trip from. In my case I'm starting in Tampa and stopping in Ellington TN (KLUG) for gas. So the final leg is KLUG to KOSH so I used KLUG as the origin for the purposes of the arrival reservation.

Great. Thanks for that info. I assume I could use KJVL? In 2019, I filed normal IFR there (in case I needed something to get close), then just went VFR from there. It seemed to be far enough away to not need a reservation to get into. Is it equally far enough away to launch from for an IFR plan with a reservation hooked to it?
Sorry if that’s a silly question.

Great. Thanks for that info. I assume I could use KJVL? In 2019, I filed normal IFR there (in case I needed something to get close), then just went VFR from there. It seemed to be far enough away to not need a reservation to get into. Is it equally far enough away to launch from for an IFR plan with a reservation hooked to it?

I'm not sure I understand your question but JVL is not one of STMP airports so it doesn't require any kind of IFR reservation to fly into or depart from it.

I'm not sure I understand your question but JVL is not one of STMP airports so it doesn't require any kind of IFR reservation to fly into or depart from it.

I guess I was trying to ask if I’d have any problems trying to depart IFR from an airport that relatively close to KOSH. The notam says something along the lines of... never mind. Just found it. The thing I was referring to was the “Milwaukee will not issue -airborne- IFR clearances within 100 miles of OSH.”

KJVL is towered so we’d get it on the ground.

It’s going to be clear and a million anyway...

My reading of the notam is that the only restriction is to not try to pick up a clearance in the air if you're within 600 miles. They want you to get your clearance on the ground. Should be easy to do at janesville, at least easier than over the phone. Wonder how long the line at the gas pump will be?

My reading of the notam is that the only restriction is to not try to pick up a clearance in the air if you're within 600 miles. They want you to get your clearance on the ground. Should be easy to do at janesville, at least easier than over the phone. Wonder how long the line at the gas pump will be?

No clue. In 2019 I actually stopped at Watertown due to the Saturday noon storm and got stuck there until Monday. Got some fuel even though I didn’t really need it yet. If it’s not IFR, I’m not sure where we’re planning to stop for fuel.

I miss my 84 gallon tanks...

No clue. In 2019 I actually stopped at Watertown due to the Saturday noon storm and got stuck there until Monday. Got some fuel even though I didn’t really need it yet. If it’s not IFR, I’m not sure where we’re planning to stop for fuel.

I miss my 84 gallon tanks...

I love my 94 gallon tanks.... until I have to fill them :confused:

My bladder is the limiting factor for me, not fuel.

My bladder is the limiting factor for me, not fuel.
Me too, but when your home field is over $6/gal, the ability to tanker fuel is pretty valuable.

Back