Enterovirus

According to CDC website, there is no vaccine, so no "anti vaccination" issues.

Kids crossing the border as a source of the infection does not explain Kansas City, or Chicago, or the fact that some cases are noted every year in the country. What is frightening about this outbreak is the number of cases and the severity of some of the cases.

Let's not start jumping to conclusions and fingerpointing at some groups. You might just miss the real source of the infection while you're looking at the immigrants.

I agree the media is not covering this the way it should, but I did get some good info from here. http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ave-Confirmed-Cases-of-Deadly-Enterovirus-D68

As for me, I'm keeping my kids close, and warning them again, that if someone is coughing and sneezing, move as far away as possible.

"There is no evidence that unaccompanied children brought EV-D68 into the United States, we are not aware of any of these children testing positive for the virus," the CDC told World Net Daily in an email response to an inquiry into the possible connection.

It is true that EV-D68 has been in the U.S. at least since 1962. But according to a study done by doctors from the Division of Viral Diseases at the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases published on the CDC's own website, EV-D68 "is one of the most rarely reported serotypes, with only 26 reports throughout the 36-year study period (1970 through 2006)."

There's often a disconnect between coincidence and correlation. But we suspect that the jump in cases from 26 in 36 years to nearly 700 in one year coming at the same time as the open-border influx of improperly screened illegal aliens is more than just a coincidence.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...outbreak-illegal-alien-kids.htm#ixzz3GVGdMX9e

Today 28 cases of enterovirus reported in BC (Canada), and 150 in Ontario.
No immigrant interaction here.:no:

So where did it come from?:dunno:

Read the Investors.com editorial. These kids have been pouring across our border for months. You don't think there's been any interactions with others who've then traveled to Canada? :dunno:

And not one word from the main stream press. :no:

5 children are dead!

A dozen paralized!

Over 600 cases in the last 3 months alone!

Not a freaking word!

This is out of control!

"If it bleeds, it leads." Ebola patients bleed a lot.

I believe part of the reason is our society does not value children. ;)

Well not to sound too harsh, but only two generations ago, most families lost a child or two to disease, and just made more. My grandfathers both had siblings that died young.

Read the Investors.com editorial. These kids have been pouring across our border for months. You don't think there's been any interactions with others who've then traveled to Canada? :dunno:

It's a BIG leap to ASSUME that there MIGHT be some interaction with immigrant children. I am a faithful reader of Investors Business Daily, and they are right on on their approach to stock market investing...their editorials and politics I have to say "not so much"..

Last edited:
"There is no evidence that unaccompanied children brought EV-D68 into the United States, we are not aware of any of these children testing positive for the virus," the CDC told World Net Daily in an email response to an inquiry into the possible connection.

It is true that EV-D68 has been in the U.S. at least since 1962. But according to a study done by doctors from the Division of Viral Diseases at the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases published on the CDC's own website, EV-D68 "is one of the most rarely reported serotypes, with only 26 reports throughout the 36-year study period (1970 through 2006)."

There's often a disconnect between coincidence and correlation. But we suspect that the jump in cases from 26 in 36 years to nearly 700 in one year coming at the same time as the open-border influx of improperly screened illegal aliens is more than just a coincidence.

That was some nifty editing there, with the first two paragraphs containing quotes from the CDC, and the third paragraph with the bold language being a gratuitous statement from the unnamed editor.

One fact immediately jumps out - if the virus in the current outbreak is of a rare serotype, then most kids will not be immune as they have never encountered it. A particularly virulent strain could then easily cause the current outbreak, without necessarily having originated on the other side of the border.

It's a BIG leap to ASSUME that there MIGHT be some interaction with immigrant children. I am a faithful reader of Investors Business Daily, and they are right on on their approach to stock market investing...their editorials and politics I have to say "not so much"..

So pure coincidence that a large influx of kids with an above-average incidence of the virus happens to coincide with an unprecedented outbreak here? Got it.

:rolleyes:

That was some nifty editing there, with the first two paragraphs containing quotes from the CDC, and the third paragraph with the bold language being a gratuitous statement from the unnamed editor.

One fact immediately jumps out - if the virus in the current outbreak is of a rare serotype, then most kids will not be immune as they have never encountered it. A particularly virulent strain could then easily cause the current outbreak, without necessarily having originated on the other side of the border.

No editing at all....those three paragraphs occur in that same sequence within the original article which was linked to in the post.

Why? Isn't the population high enough already? Should we really be wasting money on keeping people alive that would otherwise die of natural causes before we take care of the food and water requirements for our population first? 2/3rds of the planet has insufficient food and water, billions of children hungry and drinking foul water, large percentages getting Malaria collecting their water.

Should we be saving children to subject them to a world of war, famine, and endless plagues?:dunno:

Take care of the big issues, the rest will work itself in accordance to what we can provide.

The issue though -in my opinion -is that's it's very easy to talk about big, global situations, such as over-population and Mother Nature taking care of issues with disease and natural disasters, until you are talking about an individual's child or mother or wife or friend.

History has shown that the world seems to naturally take care of some issues through these means, and of course that's going to happen. However, none of us want it to happen to US -to our loved ones. And many people don't want it to happen to others' loved ones either, which is why there are so many people seeking to help those is poorer areas.

Am I reading you right that you are saying that (1) we are not valuing children because we are bringing them into a world that is not perfect, and that (2) should they contract an illness, we not try to treat them, since that is just 'nature taking its course'? This just seems odd to me.

Some of the most primal instincts of human beings are survival and procreation. The thought of mankind, as a whole, just sort of rolling over to starve or get sick or hit by a typhoon or whatever is bizarre to me. Just because their is risk of pain or negativity in the world seems an odd reason for humans to just roll over and die.

Well said Eren. Man (generic term) strives to make a better place for their kids and to better themselves in the process. This is why allowing sick people into our country is pretty stupid IMHO.

What happens when a kid is sick? Do we send them to school? No, we keep them home to keep others from getting sick. Pretty simple really. :dunno:

The issue though -in my opinion -is that's it's very easy to talk about big, global situations, such as over-population and Mother Nature taking care of issues with disease and natural disasters, until you are talking about an individual's child or mother or wife or friend.

History has shown that the world seems to naturally take care of some issues through these means, and of course that's going to happen. However, none of us want it to happen to US -to our loved ones. And many people don't want it to happen to others' loved ones either, which is why there are so many people seeking to help those is poorer areas.

Am I reading you right that you are saying that (1) we are not valuing children because we are bringing them into a world that is not perfect, and that (2) should they contract an illness, we not try to treat them, since that is just 'nature taking its course'? This just seems odd to me.

Some of the most primal instincts of human beings are survival and procreation. The thought of mankind, as a whole, just sort of rolling over to starve or get sick or hit by a typhoon or whatever is bizarre to me. Just because their is risk of pain or negativity in the world seems an odd reason for humans to just roll over and die.

That is the mistake we make in thinking that way, that shows our lack of faith in our God given abilities and talents, that is why we are 'infidels'. "To best take care of my child, it is best to take care of all children as my child falls into the greater set." We have the technical abilities, we have the natural resources, what we don't have is the faith, and the tag team of fear and greed are what block that faith.

I am a living sample that if you don't worry about money, you'll always have enough, and sometimes enough excess to have some real fun. Sometimes it comes from strange places, Sea Lions payed for my PP and running my Travelair :lol:. I did a sea lion show with wild sea lions from a glass bottom boat that made me $400 a day in tips in season and $150 a day off season. I've never taken a job I didn't want except one, I quit after 2 days:rofl:.

Last edited:
Enteroviri (polio is one, EV-D68 is one) are spread by fecal to oral transmission. Coughing and sneezing can spread the flu, but not this one. Washing your hands after shaking hands, touching door knobs, etc. makes sense because who knows what bug is on that other surface. Flu is the disease we should fear! It kills old people, and most of us pilots fall into that category. GET YOUR FLU SHOT!
R. Sparks, M.D.
ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI

Enteroviri (polio is one, EV-D68 is one) are spread by fecal to oral transmission. Coughing and sneezing can spread the flu, but not this one. Washing your hands after shaking hands, touching door knobs, etc. makes sense because who knows what bug is on that other surface. Flu is the disease we should fear! It kills old people, and most of us pilots fall into that category. GET YOUR FLU SHOT!
R. Sparks, M.D.
ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI

So...no rim jobs then?:dunno:

I agree with just about everything you said... Except......

Intelligent human beings should look at the entire world situation and then consider if it is prudent to procreate... With the world population at over 7.6 BILLION and headed to 10 Billion within a few years, it is very clear that overpopulation is going to create ALOT of issues and is unsustainable based on known deficiencies like food, water, land, proper medical etc.etc.....IMHO...

I agree with just about everything you said... Except......

Intelligent human beings should look at the entire world situation and then consider if it is prudent to procreate... With the world population at over 7.6 BILLION and headed to 10 Billion within a few years, it is very clear that overpopulation is going to create ALOT of issues and is unsustainable based on known deficiencies like food, water, land, proper medical etc.etc.....IMHO...

I'm not saying that it's the best thing for everyone to do, but I still believe that it is a primal instinct. Most people have a desire to have children, and most people continue to do so.

I'm not saying that it's the best thing for everyone to do, but I still believe that it is a primal instinct. Most people have a desire to have children, and most people continue to do so.

Yep, which is why we have rejected eugenics programs, it's not like we didn't try that in the past. Also look at the stink we raised with China over the 'One Child' policy.

No, policing breeding isn't going to be a viable option in the long run. If we can get the girls through college without having a baby, we stand the greatest chance of them making good breeding decisions and avoiding unwanted, unaffordable, pregnancies and abortions. The most effective way to apply this is through a reversible sterilization process, chemical or physical, that requires little to no consideration or maintenance. We could provide plenty for the population we have now if we just up the efficiency of what we do.

Back