Enhanced Jepp Chart Update

I did the online training yesterday.

I'm sure my company will combine this with the EFB training we'll be getting in January.

I'm not sure of any other airline that uses paper so probably. We still have to keep paper for about 2 months after we get the iPads.
You'll be happy to ditch the heavy bag. I ditched the iPad and I and that's been great.

You'll be happy to ditch the heavy bag. I ditched the iPad and I and that's been great.

It's amazing how long it takes to implement something so simple but I totally understand.

I was happy to ditch it as it was a pain in the rear to walk it down an aircraft aisle when commuting.

We could have ditched our paper long before we did but we kept getting bad FAA observations. Some of the lifer CA/FOs refused to learn the tablet until they where forced to by management. FAA finally had enough and started to threaten the hard nose pilots with potential OPSPEC violations.

The one benefit to paper is that it won't crash when your FAF inbound during a blizzard.......

I was happy to ditch it as it was a pain in the rear to walk it down an aircraft aisle when commuting.

We could have ditched our paper long before we did but we kept getting bad FAA observations. Some of the lifer CA/FOs refused to learn the tablet until they where forced to by management. FAA finally had enough and started to threaten the hard nose pilots with potential OPSPEC violations.

The one benefit to paper is that it won't crash when your FAF inbound during a blizzard.......
I have never used the paper but I know own what it looked like my girlfriend was using them and I had to put them in and out of the car . Someday all planes will be like the one I fly where you don't even use an iPad I can look at all the charts on the MDU (MFD) .

No kidding man. The Cirrus has more technology than the jet. Jepps on the MFD make it so easy. I can't complain though as long as we get rid of paper and I can burn my flight case.

Back