Engine mount help

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Piper Cherokee 140 Serial number 28-26457

Plane 25 miles away in hangar - me, home trying to look up part number

There are two part numbers listed for the engine mounts depending on location. It's just that they don't specify location. Even the parts manual only pictures the top mount and then goes on to say to look at the part number stamped on the mount. I can't look at the part number stamped on the mount until I get the mount out.

I need the LOWER engine mounts, does anyone have experience in the part number for the LOWER mount.

I'm going with Aero (Formally known as Barry) because Lord isn't answering their phone. It is either:
94011-02 or 94011-20

Man, this annual does not sound like it's going well. :(

It is not. Everything is costing twice what was estimated. 6 hoses, $527, carb - $650

I ordered Lord mounts which were listed in the Spruce catalog - too small. The hits just keep on coming.

It is not. Everything is costing twice what was estimated. 6 hoses, $527, carb - $650

I ordered Lord mounts which were listed in the Spruce catalog - too small. The hits just keep on coming.

Sounds like a valuable lesson. Most people don't have a fricken clue how difficult getting the correct part can be. I looked up a hose the other day, bulk hose by the foot using a Cessna part number from the Parts Manual, it had been superseded 3 times according to the vendor website so I ordered the one it showed as applicable. Hose shows up and it's one size too big...

Found a carburetor installed that I couldn't prove belonged on the airplane. Sure it was the correct manufacturer and correct series but the setting number was no where to be found. No log entry showed it every being replaced so one would think it came from the factory with it. After arguing with the owner about for two weeks we got a rebuilt one that was confirmed by three different sources (applicability charts, service instructions etc) to be the correct one, the airplane ran better than ever.

Ordered a premade "hose kit" for FWF and three hoses were the wrong length.

Sent off a spark plug harness and the vendor says none of the harnesses (in the application chart) for an O-360-A1F6D matched what I sent them.

All this is a giant time waste of time that a mechanic should getting paid to sort out.

All this is a giant time waste of time that a mechanic should getting paid to sort out.
If you are not willing to learn the process of ordering the correct parts, ( yes it is difficult) then just dump your aircraft on the FBO/ A&P-IA and break out the cash.

I'm willing to learn but the school is named hard knocks. Piper parts manual is useless. The part number is only listed for the top mounts and not on anyone's catalog.

so on Lord's site.

for serial numbers 20002 - 2499 it is this part number
for serial numbers 2500 - 25641 its this part number
then it goes to serial number 7225001 and up its this part number

What the....

My serial number is 28-26457

this is really starting to **** me off

"locate a dealer"

Yeah....thanks for that Tom. :rolleyes:
You'd be surprised at how helpful the dealers can be. they are usually aware of these glitches in the mamuals.

Just a question for the OP out of curiosity...why isn't your A/P just ordering the parts for you? Are you trying to avoid his markup?

Just a question for the OP out of curiosity...why isn't your A/P just ordering the parts for you? Are you trying to avoid his markup?

First annual and owner assisted. I'm paying for all the parts therefore I'm ordering all the parts. My A&P told me which parts to order and they were the wrong size. I would have ordered the exact parts he told me to based on the information supplied by Lord and Barry. Like I said above, it is confusing as my serial number is skipped in the references and it states that I need 2 mounts of one part number and 2 of another. What they don't say is which part number goes to upper and which goes to lower.

Spend your time talking to the parts supplier. Take photo of YOUR part and text message it to him.

If that doesn't work, you may have to order one and see if it fits and if it doesnt, order the next possible one.

Someone might let you send in your part and they will match it. I don't know.

Your answer lies with a GOOD parts supplier.

I sympathize with you. One of the problems with these old airplanes. Parts aren't always that easy to find.

The lady at Spruce offered to pull both parts and compare them for me. In hindsight, I should have taken her up on the offer. To take a picture of the part (which by the way is stamped on the rubber part of the mount and is the assembly part number which isn't listed as the part number I need to order) won't help that much.

What WOULD help is the dimensions listed for each mount. At least that way I'd get into the ball park.

I rolled the dice again and ordered a different part number from Lord. I have some time as my mags won't be back until week after next.

Back