End of August ConUS Challenge Update

alaskaflyer said:
Just tried it again on Firefox and IE no joy. I'll PM.
Richard,

Got your PM. You're right, I was looking at a different page. I'll work on this when I get back from Colorado.

To another point in this thread: I've thought it would be neat to have a link on the first page to see the most recent claims. I'll work on that too.

chip

flyingcheesehead said:
Now, of course, since there are 106 pilots registered, that means that even if no more register, each pilot only needs to get about 1%, or 47, airports in the next year.

And that's only 3 airports a month per pilot. It's sounded easier all the time!:yes:

gibbons said:
To another point in this thread: I've thought it would be neat to have a link on the first page to see the most recent claims. I'll work on that too.

A couple more suggestions:

1) When a user is not logged in, rather than showing nothing in place of the target/submit claim links, show a "Please log in to claim this airport" or something. I'd clicked the button to keep myself always logged in and was having a b*tch of a time finding the link. :redface: Turned out I'd been logged out.

2) Allow someone to log a "visit" at their home field even though they can't claim it (and before someone actually claims it). We all know some great things to see and do and great info about the FBO, it'd be good to be able to share that.

flyingcheesehead said:
A couple more suggestions:

1) When a user is not logged in, rather than showing nothing in place of the target/submit claim links, show a "Please log in to claim this airport" or something. I'd clicked the button to keep myself always logged in and was having a b*tch of a time finding the link. :redface: Turned out I'd been logged out.
Done. Good suggestion.

flyingcheesehead said:
2) Allow someone to log a "visit" at their home field even though they can't claim it (and before someone actually claims it). We all know some great things to see and do and great info about the FBO, it'd be good to be able to share that.
I could allow someone to "visit" their home airport after it has been claimed, but the way the program logic works it would be very difficult for me to allow someone to "visit" any airport prior to a claim. Sorry about that. Let me know if being able to visit your home airport (after it has been claimed) is important and I'll look into it in more detail.

Chip

Missa said:
Well, that's fairly well hidden.
Yea, it was an afterthought and it seemed to be best suited there. I'm open to suggestions.

Missa said:
Also how hard would it be when you hit the search by pilot tab to just list all pilots then let you filter as desired? I ususally just search for all.
So the Pilot Search function would work just like it does except that instead of displaying the search box it would display the search box and a list of all pilots? Easy to do if that helps. When we have more than a couple hundred pilots it may be a pretty big page to display, but let me know what you guys think.

Chip

Tagged my first four yesterday afternoon and today. Plane's flying well, tried out the new folding bike too.

Back