Emotional Support Squirrel

There's a nice scene in "Winter's Bone":

The older sister brings home some squirrels so her family can eat. She cleans them and as she pulls out a handful of long, stringy guts, her little brother asks, "Do we eat those parts?" She says, "Not yet."

Great movie.

The squirrel was a plant - he says he's afraid to fly, but travels extensively anyway. I saw him on a flight to Philly, drinking Dewars.

The squirrel was a plant - he says he's afraid to fly, but travels extensively anyway. I saw him on a flight to Philly, drinking Dewars.
Has anybody ever taken a survey to find out what percentage of airline passengers are afraid of flying?

Frankly, I don’t care if you want to bring an emotional support anything onboard as long as it is in an appropriate carrier and stays there throughout the flight. Any animal outside a carrier and unrestrained is pretty much a no-go with me.

the carrier all the time part is fairly new, isn't it?

Around 15 years ago we would pay to have the dogs with us in the cabin and they could be on our laps EXCEPT during the meal service. Nowadays we get barked at (pun intended) if we take Autumn out of her carrier. But the "faux" service/sympathy dogs don't have to be crated.

Oh the humanity.

Back