Emotional Support Animal and FAA Class 3

When I needed a temporary Handicap placard, here in Arizona, it required a licensed physician to sign-off on the application.

I believe the same idea was being proposed in Arizona for all service animals not just ESA awhile back can't find the news report eventually the state lawmaker who talking about it dropped the idea. I'm sure it was in response to landlords complaining about people using ESA to rent with pets and paying extra for it.

I believe the same idea was being proposed in Arizona for all service animals not just ESA awhile back can't find the news report eventually the state lawmaker who talking about it dropped the idea. I'm sure it was in response to landlords complaining about people using ESA to rent with pets and paying extra for it.

In regards to the law as we see it in Arizona we classify domestic animals into four categories. Service Animals, ESA, Comfort and pets.

Service Animals are trained to perform a specific task for someone with a physical disability.

ESA comes with a diagnosis from a mental health professional. It may afford the certificate holder certain allowances.

Comfort animals are simply a way of saying that you prefer having this animal by your side but you’re not willing to make it official.

Comfort animals are seldom recognized past pets and seldom given allowances.

As an HOA board, we have a file of all residents claiming ESA. We have statements from their MHPs on file. It includes an official diagnosis.

This is generally used in our environment, to circumvent our 40# weight limit and allow large breed animals in a highrise of small condos.

I have seen this backfire three times and people turned down for decent careers where a background check was required. I was amused.

Yeah, those unintended consequences.

Like people getting a state medical marijuana card, then finding that they cannot get a Federal clearance or purchase a firearm. :D

In regards to the law as we see it in Arizona we classify domestic animals into four categories. Service Animals, ESA, Comfort and pets.

Service Animals are trained to perform a specific task for someone with a physical disability.

ESA comes with a diagnosis from a mental health professional. It may afford the certificate holder certain allowances.

Comfort animals are simply a way of saying that you prefer having this animal by your side but you’re not willing to make it official.

Comfort animals are seldom recognized past pets and seldom given allowances.

As an HOA board, we have a file of all residents claiming ESA. We have statements from their MHPs on file. It includes an official diagnosis.

This is generally used in our environment, to circumvent our 40# weight limit and allow large breed animals in a highrise of small condos.

I have seen this backfire three times and people turned down for decent careers where a background check was required. I was amused.

Never understood why people choose to live in an HOA then complain about their rules. Personally I would never live under an HOA I have nothing against them.

Never understood why people choose to live in an HOA then complain about their rules. Personally I would never live under an HOA I have nothing against them.

It’s a necessity when the structure involved is a highrise. An organization is required to be responsible for the common area elements and infrastructure. For a condo tower, this is an HOA.

For a golf course community the HOA is a lot more optional than for a highrise.

It’s a necessity when the structure involved is a highrise. An organization is required to be responsible for the common area elements and infrastructure. For a condo tower, this is an HOA.

For a golf course community the HOA is a lot more optional than for a highrise.

Highrise, townhome, tract home, two story condo HOA's all the same to me they have a set of rules, a monthly fee. In a highrise totally makes sense to limit the size of a dog and breed one might have. There aren't any fenced in yards so an aggressive dog could injury someone if it gets away from the owner. There even been fatalities from large aggressive dogs attacking people in apartments, and condos I remember that one case in San Francisco years ago woman had some big attack dog killed her neighbor. That liability lands on someones insurance.

Highrise, townhome, tract home, two story condo HOA's all the same to me they have a set of rules, a monthly fee. In a highrise totally makes sense to limit the size of a dog and breed one might have. There aren't any fenced in yards so an aggressive dog could injury someone if it gets away from the owner. There even been fatalities from large aggressive dogs attacking people in apartments, and condos I remember that one case in San Francisco years ago woman had some big attack dog killed her neighbor. That liability lands on someones insurance.
I appreciate your simplified view. I was simply pointing out an instance where one is absolutely necessary. I support everyone’s right to not live in a highrise.

Unregistered emotional support, can’t log PIC or SIC:
47A4E6C7-368B-46BD-BFCC-062DAFA5AA5C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back