EKG needed after age 40?

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I seem to remember in the recesses of my mind that there was an EKG requirement although maybe that is only first class. (if so, ignore this post!)

I am coming up for my latest medical - the first one that is only good for two years, wah!

Anyway, I had an EKG done y'day as part of an annual with my regular doc - it came out perfect - if the EKG is a requirement I assume I can just get a note from my doc to give the AME?

Elizabeth, NEVER give the FAA any more information than is required. Give them EVERYTHING that IS required. This EKG is NOT required.

Doc's Appointments: "Saw Dr. XYZ on March 2, 2007 for preventative care"

As previously noted, no EKG except for the first class. Just renewed my second class today which took all of 12 minutes I think. As near as I can tell from my experience and observations, there was no difference in terms of diagnostic between second and third class exam, and the only difference between second and first was adding the EKG.

I seem to remember in the recesses of my mind that there was an EKG requirement although maybe that is only first class. (if so, ignore this post!)

I am coming up for my latest medical - the first one that is only good for two years, wah!

Anyway, I had an EKG done y'day as part of an annual with my regular doc - it came out perfect - if the EKG is a requirement I assume I can just get a note from my doc to give the AME?

In this country it's only for 1st class, go to Germany or Australia, it's another story.

I can think of a few pilots flying on a Third Class Medical who may need an EEG.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back