Efis.............??? Which One.....???

Sticky1

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sticky1
I have been L@@King at efi'. I know I want to install one, just don't know which one I want.

I am primarily looking for attitude. HITS might be nice....
The aspen is nice, but it is small. Does anyone fly with an efis....? What do you have and how do you like it...??

Here is mine. BMA EFIS Lite. Great box for the money....but is just a toy and not a backup for anything in my certified AC. You can bet I'd use it as a backup if needed.

EFISlite.jpg1panel.jpg

I wouldn't mind an Aspen either...
EFD1000Pro.gif

Last edited:
I really dont know what I want.........hence the post.....

I was told a rumor yesterday that Aspen considering doubling their introductory price, even before the first item is on the shelf. Dunno know if it's true, but it makes me consider going for a couple of Dynons...one for AI and one for simultaneous HSI display.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/D10A_intro.html

For experimental or LSA, the Dynon D10A, D100 and D180 are great units for the money. I fly a D10A in a SLSA Sky Arrow and they are great. Lots of info, easily customizeable screens and user friendly controls for a great price. www.dynonavionics.com. And yes I do sell aircraft with them as an option.

Flew another SLSA with an early Blue Mountain EFIS and I was not impressed. The controls weren't intuitive and turning the control knob too fast locked the unit up with no way to recover except a total powerdown. I don't know if they have fixed it since.

Fly Safe,

Mitch

My friend's father is building an LSA and he and his partner are putting a Stratomaster Enigma in theirs. He said that Stratomaster now has a new one called something else that is even better than the one they're using.

L@@K Left.......she is the honey that wants the efis.....

The aspen would be nice if the screen was bigger, however since they are going into the certified replacement market....it is what it is....

I have the Electronics International MVP-50 for my engine and it works GREAT. I have a full Garmin stack, so I dont need nav/com. So I am really looking for anything else....mainly atitude with some redundancy.

I have looked at the blue mt., not really impressed. I have looke at the Dynon 100 and the Enigma. Although $$ is really not an issue, I notice the dynon 100 is complete (of course no egt, cht, misc sensors) to plug and play for attitude & altitude (ahrs). All for about 2k.

With the enigma you have to add the 2 sensors which brings the price to 3k. I do like the idea that I can design 9 pages of info.

I am still up in the air......dont know what I want......

I've got about 250+ hrs of flying with the Dynon D10A. I even did my IR training and checkride with it last fall. Good, stable unit as far as I can tell. The built-in battery backup is nice, too. Even if your airplane battery explodes, you still have electric AI and DG sitting there running on its own power.

IM001796.jpg

For the -10, though, I think we're currently leaning towards the Grand Rapid's panel package. That's a bit down the road, though, so things are definitely open for shift in a different direction at this point.

L@@K Left.......she is the honey that wants the efis.....

The aspen would be nice if the screen was bigger, however since they are going into the certified replacement market....it is what it is....

I have the Electronics International MVP-50 for my engine and it works GREAT. I have a full Garmin stack, so I dont need nav/com. So I am really looking for anything else....mainly atitude with some redundancy.

I have looked at the blue mt., not really impressed. I have looke at the Dynon 100 and the Enigma. Although $$ is really not an issue, I notice the dynon 100 is complete (of course no egt, cht, misc sensors) to plug and play for attitude & altitude (ahrs). All for about 2k.

With the enigma you have to add the 2 sensors which brings the price to 3k. I do like the idea that I can design 9 pages of info.

I am still up in the air......dont know what I want......

Combined with a mechanical bank/slip/skid indicator, handheld VOR and dry vertical magnetic compasses, I went with the Stratomaster Enigma with all the engine sensors, GPS and flight instruments @ about $3.5K for all primary data.
3D terrain GPS will be uploadable for free in the near future too. Should be flying in Dec.

Last edited:
Back