EFB - Who get's my next $150

A couple of comments:

2. The 30 day trials may seal the deal. I am curious for those who have flown both iPad and Android Tablet what the big differences tend to be between an iOS version of an app and an Android version. I wouldn't mind jumping off of iPad as I've had a lot of performance issues with my Mini and FF, even AFTER doing a full factory reset. I really only use the iPad for flying, and a few tablet functions that would be fine to do on Android or Windows.

B

I'm on foreflight.com and I don't see anything about a 30 day trial. Can you confirm this is on foreflight, and if so how do I find it?

thx

One other comment... The iFly software looks interesting. I am curious if anyone has a ride report from it?

AND, any Minneapolis area based pilots interested in in doing a comparison? (read, excuse to get breakfast or lunch and hangar fly about our flying technology)

I have FF, Garmin (both iPad and Android), and FlyQ EFB. Happy to get together and compare notes.

FlyQ does the chart overlay like FF.

One other comment... The iFly software looks interesting. I am curious if anyone has a ride report from it?

I've been using iFly products for about 3 years now, and have been very happy. Here's a pirep from someone who was trying out the Android version recently.

I'm on foreflight.com and I don't see anything about a 30 day trial. Can you confirm this is on foreflight, and if so how do I find it?

thx
It is on ForeFlight. Download the app and start using it: the app is free and it will let you use it for the trial period for free. Don't start the trial till you're ready for the free clock to start ticking down though.

1. Thank you all for the feedback! I will watch to see what v6 of ForeFlight offers, though i wonder what else they will add. A feature like vector based charts and easier interaction with items on the map would be great.

What do you mean by "easier interaction with items on the map"?

I am curious for those who have flown both iPad and Android Tablet what the big differences tend to be between an iOS version of an app and an Android version.

AFAIK, the only app that's on both platforms is Garmin Pilot, and iOS is ahead of Android. For example, I think SVT is only on the iOS version so far. However, this being a major show week, I could be wrong by tomorrow. ;)

4. ASCII, Nice looking club you have there at Dane. Being from Waukesha, and my wife from New Glarus, we've used Dane before. I am a board member on our club www.cloud7.org. I'd love to talk club flying with you some time, and offer a ride up here if you are ever in town.

Cool! Let me know the next time you're down this way too.

What do you mean by "easier interaction with items on the map"?

AFAIK, the only app that's on both platforms is Garmin Pilot, and iOS is ahead of Android. For example, I think SVT is only on the iOS version so far. However, this being a major show week, I could be wrong by tomorrow. ;)

Cool! Let me know the next time you're down this way too.

Hey Fellow Cheesehead...
Sorry I left you hanging! I'll let you know when I get down there next!
B

I have been using the iFly 720 since Feb of 12, then jumped on the wagon with their Ipad version, followed up by the Nexus 7 and the Android flavor.

My 720 is my primary EFB with the Nexus 7 being used for pax and as a backup unit. Both receive traffic and weather wirelessly with a SkyGuard Vision Pro ADS-B out/in.

As Jim has said the iFly team will work with any of the ADS-B in or out setups that are not proprietary (ie: garmin and Stratus) IIRC they actually had a Stratus 1st Gen working with the 720 and the Stratus/Foreflight team changed something to thwart it.

just my $.02

Happy iFly user here as well, primarily on my Nexus 7 and I'm using it with a SkyguardTWX like Tim. I do use the iFly app on my iPad Mini from time to time as well and I like that the software is feature complete across both mobile platforms. I really like the iFly interface too, especially the fact that it doesn't require going back and forth to a home screen to get to various features. Well worth checking out the free trial IMO.

Back