ECHOUAT mandatory service bulletin

I wonder how big the encoder will be.

I wonder how big the encoder will be.

Photo from the above page:

1702701612294.png

Appears it will have to be tapped into the pitot static system. Don't seem like a big job.

Last edited:
From another site a poster states having contacted uAvionix and learned that the encoder will daisy-chain via a connector into the EchoUAT. Not sure whether what appears to be a static port needs to be connected to the static system or left open inside the fuse (alt static source) as many of us have the Echo units mounted far away from the panel.

Reports are that when flying in areas of little ADS-B coverage or places where the transponder is not often interrogated that there are periods of time where altitude reports are not frequent enough to satisfy the powers that be (read FAA) ... :dunno:

Last edited:
Reports are that when flying in areas of little ADS-B coverage or places where the transponder is not often interrogated that there are periods of time where altitude reports are not frequent enough to satisfy the powers that be (read FAA) ... :dunno:
Yeah, that was the problem I had from the start with the Echo-uat. It failed the performance report baro-alt category. The sniffers just don't have anything to sniff if the transponder isn't being pinged. So there are times we were in ads-b reception but not radar contact causing the failure rate. It would have been a non-issue had they included another serial port for altitude encoder data.

It would have been a non-issue had they included another serial port for altitude encoder data.

Agreed. I've looked at just taking their encoder and adding it but on the other hand, I've been wanting to install an AV30-E and they have a pretty good bundle going on with that and the TailbeaconX together. Doing so would mean I could lose the weight of the Garmin 320A, the encoder, and two belly antennas. Decisions ... :dunno:

Back