Eat up you Jet Jockies

"The study used a flight simulator that required students to descend in cloudy weather when the runway wasn't visible and using only the plane's computers."

Computers? Oh boy, am I in trouble. What computers? Aren't any on the 182 I'm doing my IR in. :mad2:

Computers? Oh boy, am I in trouble. What computers? Aren't any on the 182 I'm doing my IR in. :mad2:

'Cept for the one in your head. That's assuming you don't have a portable GPS along (or digital watch or a cellphone for that matter although those wouldn't be much help flying an approach). Computers are almost everywhere if you look close enough.

'Cept for the one in your head. That's assuming you don't have a portable GPS along (or digital watch or a cellphone for that matter although those wouldn't be much help flying an approach). Computers are almost everywhere if you look close enough.

No portable GPS. Cellphone is turned off in flight. My watch has an E6B around the dial, but it's too small to use in flight, so the regular E6B will have to do. And, yeah, I do a lot of the arithmatic in my head. But I don't think that's what they had in mind when they wrote the article.

Back