Easter Drive in Service

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
I talked to my Pastor the other day and he said he was planning to have Easter sunrise service in the parking lot with everyone in their cars. He planned to use loud speakers.
I met a guy last winter who had lights and music at his house for Christmas.
We are going to set up his short range FM station so the Pastor can broadcast the message to everyone's car. If you have a chance and can connect with someone with the capability it would be great to "get together" for Easter this way.

They have been doing that here for the past 2 weeks, they broadcast it over an FM frequency. Sit in your car, tune the radio, watch and listen. I bet after this they will continue to do that as well.

I bet they’ll do something similar here too. Problem is, a friend of mine who leads out in her church choir, said they’ve been doing drive in church the past several weeks and may have to discontinue it because people can’t stay in their cars. They end up getting out and going over to a friends car and mingling with each other.

Around here, it is pretty much all over the internet. When this is over, I am going to miss lazing on the couch during church. ;)

We only have to walk 300 yards to our church, and the plan was for the Easter service to be in the 30-acre park that is right behind our condo building.

And to think just last year, our son rented Goodyear Ballpark (spring training home of the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds) for his church's Easter service. [sigh]

We've been using the internet to provide our church services to the congregation due to the current COVID-19 crisis. I need to harass our minister tomorrow evening in committee meetings (to be held using Zoom, no face-to-face for the time being) about now being a televangelist. :D

Our city said that even a parking lot service with an FM broadcast counts as an "assembly of 10 or more persons".

Back