Earth might not be so special after all

Captain-- Take a deep breath. Given the breathless media panic that ensues from a couple of punks setting off IEDs, what do you think would be the response from first contact???
You aren't dumping on mankind if you recognize the truth. Individually we are generally OK. In a group we are a mass of ninnies who are more interested in Dancing with the Stars than reality and dispassionate examination of truth. If not for that fact CNN, Fox and the other media businesses would be forced to cooly and logically report facts.

Its all awesome - but the closest one I've seen mentioned is 6 light years away, IIRC. That means, even at the speed of light, it will take 6 years to get there. We don't travel anywhere near the speed of light.

:(

I wanna know!!

You need an RV-10! :D

;)

We love 'Jay Walking' where Jay Leno asks people on the street simple questions and we howl with delight at the dumb responses to the questions we know. Deep down though we all know they don't show the correct answers on TV...

I suspect that many of the people whom Leno meets on the street know that they won't get on TV if they give the right answer.

How in the name of Odin did a thread about extra solar planet become fodder for the Spin zone?

An actual GOP candidate for President during the LAST election had a summer home named "Ni**gar Ranch"...seriously. Smiling would fix that????

Wow, this makes me glad I'm not in the spin zone. But, are you really that ignorant?

Gov. Perry leased some hunting land and found a rock with "Nigg3rhead" written on it. He promptly painted over it as soon as he'd discovered it.

Perhaps you'd like to explore some other news sources besides The Onion or The Daily Show.

Back on topic, NASA is researching ships that bend space and can travel 10x the speed of light without violating relativity.

http://techland.time.com/2012/09/19/nasa-actually-working-on-faster-than-light-warp-drive/

Wow, this makes me glad I'm not in the spin zone. But, are you really that ignorant?

Gov. Perry leased some hunting land and found a rock with "Nigg3rhead" written on it. He promptly painted over it as soon as he'd discovered it the media discovered it.

Perhaps you'd like to explore some other news sources besides The Onion or The Daily Show.

Back on topic, NASA is researching ships that bend space and can travel 10x the speed of light without violating relativity.

http://techland.time.com/2012/09/19/nasa-actually-working-on-faster-than-light-warp-drive/

FIFY...

Perry didn't lease the ranch. He owned it. Why would you paint over leased property? Also, the rock wasn't hard to 'find'. It was a large flat rock stood upright at the entrance gates with the phrase painted on it.

Last edited:
Back