Early Christmas gift

Tomahawk674

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tomahawk674
I got this yesterday from my girlfriend's grandparents, who know I have an interest in guns and history.

attachment.php

They are rifle bullets from each side of the Civil War, recovered from the grounds of the battle of Petersburg, Virginia. For those who don't know, pure lead develops a white patina over a very long time.

I really love the gift!

Attachments

• Picture 083.jpg
    Picture 083.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 85
Wow, that's a pretty cool and unique gift!

That Yankee bullet shows that the Lyman 575213 mold that I use is a pretty accurate reproduction. Nice gift.

Gettysburg also has some amazing stuff to see. I have a union bullet my dad gave me from there.

The History Channel had a special on Gettysburg last night. It is an amazing part of our history.

I like the display box you have for the bullets gray & blue for the different sides.

The History Channel had a special on Gettysburg last night. It is an amazing part of our history.

Every American should visit at some point and get a Gettysburg battlefield guide to help you through (too many folks just drive around :frown3:)

I went on a few Staff Walks with OCS (as Candidate and later instructor) with a SFC whose family has lived in Gettysburg since the battle (their home still has a cannonball embedded in a wall).

The human interest stories (Why is a Massachusetts Regiment's monument just a big rock?) make the tour memorable.

Back