EAA J3 Winner Announced.

Nice... someone who needs it the least.

You sure about that? He makes a living from instructing, and likely living out of a suitcase following Holland on the circuit during the airshow season. Doesn't seem all that lucrative an existence to me.

"...Stephen, who resides in New Hampshire, has been a tailwheel and aerobatic instructor for the past six years with his company Keystone Aerosports. He’s also worked with Rob Holland Ultimate Airshows for the past four seasons..."

Sigh. I sure wish those guys would just stop giving my damn airplanes to other people. They do it every year.

At least I still have the AOPA Super Cub to look forward to.
No you don't.
That one is going to a celebrity whose ticket was already picked at random before the contest was announced, in order to maximize the publicity.

No you don't.
That one is going to a celebrity whose ticket was already picked at random before the contest was announced, in order to maximize the publicity.

eRzxOQo1Le8r80h5xjRjv61so1_500.jpg

No you don't.
That’s completely bogus. Clearly you know nothing about sweepstakes rules in every state. Sweepstakes are highly scrutinized by state attorneys general who salivate about the idea of fining organizations that violate their complex rules. AOPA hires a specialty firm to manage its sweepstakes process, including writing rules that meet the requirements of all states. The outside firm also conducts the drawing of the winner’s name and verifies their identity and eligibility to win.

And in 23 airplanes given away in the past couple of decades, what “celebrity” has ever won?

Last edited:
Hi Tom. Thanks for all you do in AOPA. But just a FYI for you. We don't use :) on POA to indicate humor or sarcasm. We use
13538.jpg
instead.

Just kidding @Shepherd!
I thought we just assumed that every post is a joke or sarcastic.

Except this one.

Or not?

:cryin: Dang, I just knew I’d get that J3. Oh well, there’s a couple on the airport, I’ll work on the owners for a ride.

Back