Dynon SkyView

The intent to do this swap, was to remove all the heavy weight instruments, and replace with one of these large instruments, and make the V-EZ an IFR bird. But I don't know yet how well the Canard folks will advise a Canard fly in weather.

Weight is a big factor in the EZEs

Still gonna need a nav source such as a 430/530 to talk to the Dynon to be IFR but you can't go wrong with that setup in a Vari. I'm running two Blue Mountains and a 480 with CDI in my Velocity and its works fine.

Hey Tom, did your VariEze come with an owner's manual? If not, I got one I could send ya if you want. Pretty sure I'll never have a need for it.

Hey Tom, did your VariEze come with an owner's manual? If not, I got one I could send ya if you want. Pretty sure I'll never have a need for it.

We go get the V-EZ on Friday, and all the stuff that comes with it. the seller (says) all the builders paper work including the W&B, Plans, and the old US registry is with it.

we will see :) ? but yes we'd love to have it.

Contact us on ::
https://www.facebook.com/groups/25741482604/10153868100817605/?notif_t=group_activity

Last edited:
Curious what your plans are regarding the corrosion issues with the spar cap etc...

I read the Rutan newsletter that detailed the inspection procedure. Part of me would want to tear the wing apart and re-do that section as it seems you can't really do a complete inspection. Wonder what it would cost to have a professional re-build that section of the wing and eliminate any guessing.

Good luck with the plane! They seem like a great value.

Last edited:
Curious what your plans are regarding the corrosion issues with the spar cap etc...

I read the Rutan newsletter that detailed the inspection procedure. Part of me would want to tear the wing apart and re-do that section as it seems you can't really do a complete inspection. Wonder what it would cost to have a professional re-build that section of the wing and eliminate any guessing.

Good luck with the plane! They seem like a great value.

Used to have a 2.5 G limit as well. Not sure if RAF lifted that or not.

Careful on that group. Other than Valerie and a couple others, lots of know it all wannabes spouting advice like they know what they're talking about and don't.

We've noticed that, much like here.

You must have noticed by now that every one on the internet is a freaking expert.

I'll take the word of two prior owners that this is a well built VariEZE, that needs a system update and some TLC.

I installed a GRT EFIS in my Lancair. I chose the HX model over the Mini. I am very happy with the HX. Would not recommend you choose the mini as a primary display, especially for IFR. Look at this pic of a mini at altitude and decide for yourself how intuitive the attitude indicator is:
f5PHG09.jpg

Back