Dynon Service A+

dnhill

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
hill
I suppose that I have become used to crappy service for products and when great service happens, I seem surprised. I had a knob on my Dynon autopilot module malfunction and it was well out of warranty. I called up expecting an expensive, lengthy repair and was told they would send out a replacement unit overnight, just send the old one back as an exchange. I only had to pay for shipping.

The pricing for the Dynon equipment is relatively low to begin with, so I must admit that I was expecting high repair costs. The tech was friendly and wanted to keep the airplane downtime at a minimum.

I suppose their service department doubles as a marketing department, because if I ever upgrade, it will be Dynon again.

I'm seeing this sort of good service from a number of newer companies. LightSpeed and Aspen I've been very happy with as well. It definitely helps them build market share.

Good to hear. I rate Dynon engineering and manufacturing A+. I installed EFIS D-100, EMS D-120 and a HS34 in my airplane. All worked perfectly out of the box and are still working perfectly. I haven't had any experiences with service.

I have had to work closely with them building and repairing RV's. They are the best, and will be around for a very long time, IMHO.

I've had only minor problems with my D120/D100 system. Most of the time its been "user error". But when I've called the response has been immediate and helpful. They are definitely my first choice.

I had an issue with my D1 unit. The send a new exchange unit immediately. No questions asked.... Excellent service.

Back