DWI Advice and Help

Masmas1

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Masmas1
Hello, just going to give some background to see thoughts on this situation.
I am 22 years old and have always wanted to go to school and eventually get up to the airlines. After high school I quickly realized I had an issue with alcohol and ended up getting a DWI in December 2021. After that I went to a treatment program and did substance abuse classes and have been doing anything I can to stay away which I have been without an issue ever since. I am fully aware of an issue and when they ask about it I’ll have no issue being straight up and honest about everything and owning up to it and working with whatever program I need to. Now that I am looking deeper into flight school I’ve started getting pretty concerned about how to go about this as far as schooling and getting medicals done. What are the chances of getting a 1st, 2nd or 3rd class medical? I am willing to do anything I need to do to try to get a 1st class med and eventually to the airlines however I know it’ll be a longer road than normal. I am still pretty clueless as to what steps I should start to take to get there and any tips or opinions are greatly appreciated. What are the chances of getting a medical to get into school and even if I do instructing for several years to put more time between myself and the incident? Can I get a different class medical just for CFI in the meantime if it’ll be quicker With the DWI? Once again I am willing to do whatever it takes to get into schooling and work my way up, there is just so much info out there that I’m not sure what steps and processes I need to take right now for my situation and what would be the best way to at least get a CFI certification and job. Any and I mean any tips or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Did you by chance start here:

thats a great place to start. Should answer all of your questions. . . the only real issue is what did you blow ? As that may determine the depedence/absuse part.

Back