As I've mentioned in other threads, we wanted to build a car. And when I say we, I mean the family. The kids want to help (yeah, it'll 2-3x the total build time, but that's fine). Laurie's all for it, hopefully she'll participate in wrench turning as well. I expect she will. The goal is a street car, something that we all enjoy building and driving/riding in. I'm not going for ludicrous power, but my goal is somewhere around 375 HP. In a 2400 lb car, that puts around 6 lbs/hp. Not quite to sportbike range, but not too far off, either. And maybe inline with a smaller sportbike. This won't be a show car. We still want it to look nice, but it'll be something that I won't get heartbroken about getting scratched. The kids will help. It will be a slower build. But it's about having fun, and when we look back on it being able to say "This is something we built." The Cobra replica is a Factory Five Mk4 Roadster. I purchased the "base" kit. Factory Five offers the "base" kit or the "complete" kit. Neither are really complete, but the complete kit costs an extra $7k for what I didn't feel was $7k worth of additions. The goal is to do this for a reasonable price. The car is supposed to arrive sometime in the 2nd half of September, so right now is preparing and scouring CraigsList etc. for appropriate parts. The first score was this Rustang (my spelling is correct): It doesn't look like much, but the engine looks like it should power the Cobra nicely, or at least have the potential to do so. Basically, the engine was built for a racer of some sort. The guy who built it wrecked the car, sold the engine to the kid who put it in the Mustang. The kid obviously had no idea how to hook any of it up - the ignition system is all wrong and the carb stuff also doesn't look right. They never got it running. So then the kid's uncle bought it, thought he'd get it running. He didn't have any better of an idea. Here are the components I could positively identify from a cursory look: - Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads (not sure whether the larger or smaller valves and ports) - Edelbrock Performer 600 cfm carb - Weiand X-CELerator aluminum intake - Crane Cams roller rockers (not sure on ratio, probably 1.6 or 1.7) - Some sort of deep rear oil sump - ACCEL new distributor of some sort with big Moroso spark plug wires - Came with a new set of Ford Racing 3.73 gears in a box, however there's surface rust on some parts of them so I probably won't use the gears The ignition is wired all wrong, the carb looks like they got it wrong, too. Someone tried to jack up the car by the oil pan. The rockers are adjusted completely incorrectly. I have no idea if it's got a flat tappet or a roller cam in it, and no idea if it's a 302, 331, or 347. No idea on compression ratio and if it has I-beam or H-beam rods. So it's a bit of a mystery. But, checking some dyno sheets, it looks like this setup has the potential for 375+ HP. Obviously I'm going to pull the engine. I have to decide whether I want to try to get it running in the car or just pull it and not mess around with any of that.