DSP communication failure - SL30

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Has anyone seen this? Seems like it’s unable communicate with VOR.
Antenna related?

Has anyone seen this? Seems like it’s unable communicate with VOR.
Antenna related?
Disclaimer #1: I've flown with an SL30 but never owned one, never serviced one and never saw this message.

Sounds like the controller isn't seeing anything from the DSP chip. Looks like a call to Garmin is in order.

Disclaimer #2: Engineers are notorious for writing really bad error messages.

The manual isn't much help.

Attachments

• SL30_IM.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
yeah i have combed through the manual - nothing there.
happened a couple of flights back in air, resetting it fixed it. yesterday saw it on the ground as i was doing some updated to the GTN. was hoping to fly today, but its all IFR and MVFR here. i will talk to the avionics guy and see what he thinks

so my avionics guy haven't heard of it either, he is now making the call to Big G to find out what it is all about.
i have noticed when it happens the CDI shows a constant full side to side deflection of the needle on my CDI

Update the unit is on its way to mother ship for OH. $875, in case anyone else run into the same issue.

I am very proud of myself today, I was able to overcome the urge to get a 255 in

I have also been having the same issue on my Garmin SL30 --DSP COMMUNICATIONS ERROR-- , so the unit was sent to Garmin for the $875 Garmin checkout and it came back and has the same problems 2 weeks later. The Avionics tech is still waiting for a response. Does yours work fine after the repair? Do you know what they did or who you dealt with at Garmin? Any help is appreciated.

I have also been having the same issue on my Garmin SL30 --DSP COMMUNICATIONS ERROR-- , so the unit was sent to Garmin for the $875 Garmin checkout and it came back and has the same problems 2 weeks later. The Avionics tech is still waiting for a response. Does yours work fine after the repair? Do you know what they did or who you dealt with at Garmin? Any help is appreciated.

Mine came back and didn’t have the problem. I have the unit to my avionics shop who dealt with garmin directly. I haven’t flown much since I got the unit back, I had one flight around the pattern just to see if it worked. I will know more when I get back stateside around 3rd week or May

Back