Driving on a ticket is a suspension?!

Which is exactly why I was trying to figure out if this was considered a suspension. But it's frustrating and wrong that a citizen can't get their own history.
Chances are good that it's not considered a suspension. But rather license surrendered in lieu of bail. You'll get your license back when you pay the fine, or beat it in court. In the mean time the ticket will show that you are legal to drive, but it's only good until the court date shown on it.

Many moons ago I saw this happening and I subscribed to AAA so that I have an effective bail bond card so I can retain my physical license. I have not had a traffic run in for quite a while but when I last looked that was NOT A SUSPENSION.
And now I finally understand why the old AAA membership cards said they guaranteed bail on the back. :idea:

When I lived in Illinois, I earned myself 2-3 speeding tickets (3-12 over, no reckless driving). A friend recently told me that the state's old process of taking your license was considered bail and forcing you to drive on a ticket was considered an arrest/suspension by the FAA. Is this true? I never reported them, and now I'm wondering if that was a mistake.

Leadfoot is right, if you got a ticket in IL years ago the cop took your DL and stapled it to his copy of the ticket and you did not get it back until you paid the fine or went to court and still got a fine, or if in Chicago you went to traffic court with Benjamin and went to this window handed the guy the ticket and Benjamin, he pulled the ticket and gave you your license back with no record of it,you had to know which guy to got to and what window.

The bad part is that now your DL has staple holes in it and if you got pulled over again, the cop would check for staple holes and knew how many times you had been ticketed, I had to get a new license a few times just to have no holes in it.

I never reported any of them as I always somehow got out of them, I just did not say uncle and bend over and pay the fines. I did pay to make them go away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back