Drivers license suspended and non owner insurance

A

Anonymous1739

My license got suspend. Not for a dui. Is there any way to get covered for non owner insurance? I can’t find any companies that don’t ask about your driver’s license suspension.

I need to hour build and I see that on owners insurance they don’t ask about your drivers license. I would be willing to buy a plane to build hours.

I don’t know what else to do to build hours

I'm sad to hear about the ending of your car-theft career and I commend you for not letting it bug you. (Since you've provided no reason for the suspension I'm assuming the license was suspended for grand theft.)

Now, now....

There can be all sorts of reasons for a DL suspension. Vehicular homicide, for example. Or street racing.

Most reasons would raise some concerns with a potential insurer, though.

Or just do without insurance. There's no legal requirement for it. (I won't get into whether that's a wise decision.)

In some states driving without insurance is an automatic license suspension. Happened to a buddy of mine. Then the fool got caught several times driving without a license, which extended the suspension... he went 30 years without a license.

I need to hour build and I see that on owners insurance they don’t ask about your drivers license. I would be willing to buy a plane to build hours.
What owner application are you looking at? And note that there is often a difference between the application which doesn't usually ask a lot and the pilot information form which has underwriting questions which don't necessarily appear on the base application.

1704555372611.png

In some states driving without insurance is an automatic license suspension. Happened to a buddy of mine. Then the fool got caught several times driving without a license, which extended the suspension... he drove 30 years without a license.
FIFY.

Well, yeah... but not often. Mostly he bummed rides or paid for taxis as he didn't own a car. Bugt he couldn't drive to work as he worked on a military base and couldn't get a base sticker without a license. Occasionally he'd drive his girlfriend's car somewhere if she wasn't around. The local cops knew him and his situation and I think just let him slide as long as he didn't cause trouble. The issue was, as he explained it, was after three times caught driving on the suspended list he could only get his license back if he did a couple of weeks in jail, which would mean losing his security clearance and thus his job. There were some other weird nuances. I suspect there may have been a DUI or two in there too, though he never admitted it. He finally did work on getting his license back after he retired, and all the offenses were so long ago they just gave it back with no additional penalties, said he could have done it a lot sooner. For a smart guy he wasn't too bright sometimes.

In some states driving without insurance is an automatic license suspension. Happened to a buddy of mine. Then the fool got caught several times driving without a license, which extended the suspension... he went 30 years without a license.
Funny, but sadly true story. I was in traffic court one day. A guy was there there for driving on suspended license. He pleaded not guilty. Reason being he did not know his license was suspended when he was caught driving. Judge gave him a date to come back for trial. He proceeded to reach in his pocket and pull out a large bunch of crumpled papers. He showed them to judge and asked if on that same date, can he take care of all these other "driving with a suspended license" tickets he got.

In many states a DL can be suspended for failure to pay child support. Whatever the reason is in this case may be surprising ... or not.

As with many of these kind of posts I suspect that we don't know, as Paul Harvey might suggest, "the rest of the story" ... :dunno:

In many states a DL can be suspended for failure to pay child support.

And according to a friend of mine, most states are not required to let a person know their DL has been suspended. He found out when applying for a job and they did a driving records check. Apparently his DL had been suspended for nearly a year before he found out.

He said getting away with murder would be easier than getting his DL back. And he had proof he was current on his child support. It turned out his ex claimed he wasn't paying and was trying to get money not awarded to her.

And according to a friend of mine, most states are not required to let a person know their DL has been suspended. He found out when applying for a job and they did a driving records check. Apparently his DL had been suspended for nearly a year before he found out.

This is exactly why I was in traffic court for my story I posted above. It wasn't me, but was an employee that I had to drive to court because his license was suspended for child support and was never told about it until he was pulled over in a company truck for an expired plate.

I was talking about flying without insurance, not driving.

I was talking about flying without insurance, not driving.
I understood right away that you were talking about flying. I assume the talk of driving is just idle talk on how a license can have a non dui suspension.

Many cities have the majority of its residents without a driver license and only a state ID.

You can buy an airplane and insurance is not a requirement to be legal.

If it was an administrative suspension and not a suspension for cause as the result of a serious moving violation, you may have a chance. If you forgot to pay a ticket, tell the sales underwriter and ask for an exception.

Back