Drive Safely these holidays, I got all the wrecks I need

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
This was at the Copart Auction in Lufkin, TX today.

5b618595-21bf-4c4e-9ad8-3f3875877d52.JPG

9f69ac8c-c788-476e-93b6-1290c96a0ec5.JPG

Yeeeef....

I really don't think that is going to buff out very easily....

What's salvageable in that mess? Damn.

Not that I understand how it's possible, but the front suspension looks like it might be OK, and maybe a wheel or two. The transmission might be worth a look. Maybe the fuel tank (after the 1975 model year fiasco, GM started protecting them rather well). Dang, that's a bad wreck.

I dont want it. Thats gonna have some 'biohazard' inside...

Maybe a wheel or two, but not much else of significant value. And I doubt the transmission survived

The truck was a 2008 Silverado.

Yes, that looks like a pretty impressive deceleration event. The way that "hydro formed" GM frame is folded up I doubt anything in the running gear is sound.

That is interesting, here is the truck that it hit. Built Ford Tough!

This is just a joke, a good old Blue oval vs bowtie thing. nothing more.

When truck owners talk about dually pick-ups they usually mean something like this:

images

When Ford truck owners talk about dually pick-ups they are referring to something completely different. They should never leave home without a spare.

Ford Dually.jpg

I think I saw another picture of it at the accident scene on FB not too long ago. Supposedly stopped suddenly in front of a big rig and the tractor climbed up on top of it. Not sure what was in front.

EDIT: Found the picture. Does not appear to be the same vehicle. http://www.snopes.com/chevy-suburban-kills-baby/

Last edited:
I think I saw another picture of it at the accident scene on FB not too long ago. Supposedly stopped suddenly in front of a big rig and the tractor climbed up on top of it. Not sure what was in front.

This was..

th

A classic come from together. Classic. And it looks it!

They auction off dead people's cars?
Yes they do. My ex wife, when we first were dating, had a car that was rebuilt after the driver was killed in it. On a nice humid day blood would seep through the seat onto her pants.

And don't forget to tip your medevac pilot ;)

Why, for doing what you get paid for? Waitresses get tips, try there. :D

No love for EMS!

Actually most of my Pt.s doubtfully they even remember the flight, still had to toss that out there ;)

No love for EMS!

Actually most of my Pt.s doubtfully they even remember the flight, still had to toss that out there ;)

Yeah, I have never been tipped on a med flight.

I did get a scheduled flight into Skagway on one really, REALLY windy day and actually was able to keep it on the ground. I did get tipped on that one. In fact, I received a tip on a regular scheduled flights into Skagway probably a dozen times this summer.

They auction off dead people's cars?
They auction off the cars that the insurance company wants to sell. When you accept an insurance claim, you typically assign ownership to the insurance company and they can sell it for salvage.

Or if the tow lot gets a judgement for unpaid towing and storage fees. If the deceased's family wants to pay to get it out, they can... or they can walk away...

Man, the best drugs I ever got were on the medevac chopper when I broke my back skydiving. If I was coherent I woulda tipped em for sure! :D

Back in the day when I repaired my vehicle through the junk yard, I was looking for a seat bracket for my pickup. One really bashed in vehicle had the seat destroyed and covered in wet, sticky blood. But the seat brackets looked good. There was a definite odor coming from the truck. I yanked and yanked on the seat back to bend it forward to get to the rear seat bracket, and when it finally broke forward, I found a piece of bone, about the size of a silver dollar, stuck to the back of the seat. With skin and hair on it. Hair off the head. Train vs. Ford 1/2 ton.

Since it was the correct bracket that I needed, I used it.

After a thorough cleaning of course....

Back in the day when I repaired my vehicle through the junk yard, I was looking for a seat bracket for my pickup. One really bashed in vehicle had the seat destroyed and covered in wet, sticky blood. But the seat brackets looked good. There was a definite odor coming from the truck. I yanked and yanked on the seat back to bend it forward to get to the rear seat bracket, and when it finally broke forward, I found a piece of bone, about the size of a silver dollar, stuck to the back of the seat. With skin and hair on it. Hair off the head. Train vs. Ford 1/2 ton.

Good god...

That is some Chuck Norris **** right there!

Dude that's just 1000% messed up!! :confused:
That has horror movie written all over it. I'd have to sit on plastic bags after that!
Took me a bit to comprehend what exactly was going on but yes, that was a real horror show on those nice steamy days in Nawlins!

Locomotive wins every time.

Was doing the recovery on a good friend's fatal crash many years ago. NTSB, FAA and DPS had all released the scene to us for recovery. About half way thru loading the bits and pieces, we had to have the DPS call the ME's office back in. Was a very sobering three hours waiting on them to arrive and do their thing.

Back