DPE Type Ratings

mxalix258

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mxalix258
When looking at various DPE's, some of them have aircraft listed under their name. See here for example:

http://av-info.faa.gov/DesigneeResultsByFSDO.asp

Are these just type rating that the DPE holds, or is it in some way related to airplanes that the DPE is authorized to conduct certain pilot exams in?

Thank you!

It won't open the list for me to see. That said, it you are serious about a type rating the only way to do it correctly, IMO, is to train at a full service facility such as Flight Safety or similar.

It won't open the list for me to see. That said, it you are serious about a type rating the only way to do it correctly, IMO, is to train at a full service facility such as Flight Safety or similar.

Depends on the airplane and the training environment, and what use you have for the type rating in the future. I learned a lot about how the airplane actually flew in the one type rating I did in the airplane.

They are aircraft the examiner is qualified to give exams in.
In order to give an exam in a helicopter or any aircraft that requires a type rating, the examiner must be specifically approved for that make and model or type.

For some reason the database still lists light twins. It used to be the case that multiengine exams also required approval by make and model, but that is no longer true. I'm unsure why they still list them.

Back