Donuts....Which brand do pilots like?

Which brand of donut do you like the best?

• Dunkin'

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Krispy Kreeme

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Jolly Pirate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Store bought

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, not mentioned above

Votes: 25 26.3%

• Total voters

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I know this one is going to cause a lot of trouble. :yes: Krispy Kreeme may not be spelled right. not sure.

But here goes!

David

Last edited:
In KC it's John's Space Age or LaMar's.

But Joe's Bakery in Lawrence was always good at 3am for hot donuts.

(and it's Krispy Kreme)

None of these are near where I live.

Simple glazed donuts(the fried kind not the cake ones) from the grocery store are all I really eat.

Cant vote ,us non carb pilots need choice,none of the above.Thanks

I love the ones with the holes in 'em ... or just the holes for a change ... but that's just the carb addict in me talking ... I have to run away!

I always thought that donuts were for cops :confused:

I always thought that donuts were for cops :confused:

you'e never partaken in a sky donut?

what about a sky burger?
1920455_10201490088754607_797112528_n.jpg

I don't care, as long as someone else is eating them.

I don't eat them, but I do pick up Dunkin' to take to Young Eagles for our volunteers.

For commercially available donuts I'll take Krispy Kreme, but I have come across some small private donut shops that use real jellies and preserves that beat them.

What kind do pilots like? The kind that are cheap/free, of course.

I prefer the Free brand of donuts.

Sadly, the best donuts in the world are no longer being made.

They were French Donuts, aka Crullers, that were made by a local bakery that is now long gone. These donuts were huge and had probably enough eggs in the mix that each donut contained a full egg. One of these donuts was like a full meal unto itself. They were deep fried in real lard and the icing was made with real butter, and no doubt these donuts probably are responsible for many clogged coronary arteries over the years.

The bakery went out of business approx 20 years ago. It was called "The Cake Box" located in the Parker Square shopping center in Wichita Falls TX. It was in business before I was even born, and lasted some 35-40 years and was a local icon. I remember going there as a toddler with my family, and I was there when they closed it down in the early-mid 1990's.

(not them, they were much larger)
images

I was a Krispy Kreme fan till I had donuts from Whole Foods....mmmmmmmmm.

...now I don't like the fact that I have to take out a home equity line to afford them but they are tasty!

What is it with Canucks and Tim Horton's? Maybe the American THs suck but I thought their coffee and food worse then dunks. I'm not a dunks fan despite living in the hive. FYI there are Tim Horton's in RI and ME, probably a law banning them in massadunkachusetts.

How this is even a debate is beyond me. Seeing the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign on the side of the road is a better sight than breaking out at minimums with the runway right where it should be. KK FTW.

Back