Done bought a biplane

KSCessnaDriver

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
KSCessnaDriver
My first foray into owning began yesterday. Picked up an EAA biplane in Indiana, flew it to see some family also in the state. I'll head home on Monday, probably take 2 days, going across I-80 to western Iowa then down to KC. Trying to stay on grass runways with legs of about 100 miles.

b6aOKjj.jpg

TOO MUCH FUN......!!! :yes:

Nah, it did have a Pitts style sliding canopy on it, but, due to my height I took it off and shipped it home. I had to hunch over to fit in. The wind with the windscreen wasn't too bad, without a helmet or the like.

It's got an A75-9 straight out of a Cub. 12 gallon tank and panel from it too.

Wow exciting first foray into ownership! Looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Enjoy and fly safe!

Now that's some proper cross-country flying! Heard a lot of good things about those little biplanes; enjoy it!!

Jealousy kept me posting before now.

That thing looks like the coolest thing I've seen since a naked girl. Holy cow I wish I were you!

You don't do things in a small way, do you?

Congrats, looks like quite the airplane. Quite aerobatic, if memory serves.

Nice! Where are you going to keep it? I might have to swing by and see it up close some day.

How in the world did you do transition training? (LOL)

Congrats.

That is Awesome. I would love to take a ride in an open cockpit plane some day.

Nice! Where are you going to keep it? I might have to swing by and see it up close some day.

Vinland Valley, should get there tomorrow. After fighting about 10-15 on the nose today to Marion, Iowa it looks like I may have a tailwind tomorrow. Heck, I'll settle for no wind. 5.5 hours or so, 5 hops.

Vinland Valley, should get there tomorrow. After fighting about 10-15 on the nose today to Marion, Iowa it looks like I may have a tailwind tomorrow. Heck, I'll settle for no wind. 5.5 hours or so, 5 hops.

I like Vinland. I was doing some soft field work there during my private training. Soft field landings and taxi-back. Each time I taxied back to the north end the old, fat, airport dog would waddle out of the shade from under the porch to greet me. And when I turned around to take off again, he'd waddle on back to the shade.

So I made it to Red Oak Iowa before she just wouldn't start any more. The whole airport gang was out willing to help and everyone took turns trying to prop it. Nothing, so I got a ride back to KC and left the plane. Personally after talking it over on another form, I think it was just a combination of higher ambient temperature, a hot engine and mildly fouled plugs all working against me. I'm fairly sure it would start right up this morning, but the wind has picked up and appears to be setting in for a few days.

Back