Donald, Donald, Donald

Not really an insult. It is the name he was born with, but he legally changed it. Of all the things to dislike The Donald for, this one doesn't register with me. If I were named Drumpf I'd prolly change it too.
His ancestors changed it sometime between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries. There's no legitimate claim that it was ever his "real" name. Ironically, those wanting to call The Donald "Drumpf" are also most likely to have a conniption fit if anyone uses Obama's very real middle name.

BTW...since Trump says he's not a politician, that means that this thread can't possibly be political.

Not that I plan to wade in, mind you...

:)

yup.....:D
vlcsnap-2013-05-09-05h31m44s36.png

What a lame operation. He has phony corporations laying around just in case and an army of lawyers to get him out of a jam and find these "loopholes", but can't be bothered to hire one guy to make sure the $5 registration is payed on time for his business jet. Talk about inefficiency!!!
brickwall.gif

America is going to be great again for sure. A great big mess.

Maybe he did have somebody responsible for that. They probably got fired after this fiasco. ;)

Last edited:
The funny part about these threads is it is going to inevitably fall to the political.... why? Because they're people running for office, it's an election year, and over the last couple of decades we've become more polarized than ever before.

The FUNNIEST part about these threads is that people don't realize that whatever SIDE they pick doesn't matter, because that SIDE doesn't represent them. You a fan of the Broncos? Cool. They don't care about you. Boston Red Sox? Great. They don't really care about you either. People shilling for one "team" or the other, claiming their team is the better option, but in this case, their "team" is a political ideology. The ideology is great... too bad neither side practices what they preach.

And the people most vehemently for their *side* who can't resist making political swipes at one side or the other are the most ignorant of this reality.

I hope he wins... Libs are panicking already. Love it.

I'd wager one of his people lost the post card, I can only imagine the volume of mail his office probably gets, and it's not like the FAA has any follow up stuff, or emails they send, it's one little post card.

Personally the only people this makes look bad is the FAA and their ridiculous registration campaign.

Actually, their registration campaign is one of the few things they do that makes sense. Previously, probably half the planes that were registered and considered active were either wrecked, rotting in a field or barn, sold for parts and scrap, or even sold out of country. If you want to try to make accurate budgets for GA, you need to know how many planes are actually still in existence with an owner that gives a crap about it. The recurring registration is the only way they can tell if at least there is somebody out there that at least cares about a particular airplane.

All my other vehicles require recurring registrations, cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and I can manage. Complaining about the the FAA airplane registration to me is laughable. Of all my vehicles, it is the cheapest and least frequent of all. It's simple and easy.

The registration thing makes good sense, for all the reasons you note, Dav8or; the amazingly obtuse mechanics of the process are what confounds.

If you could just log in online with your n number and click that the plane was still active, sure, but between the post card and the 5 bucks, nope.

All my other vehicles require recurring registrations, cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and I can manage. Complaining about the the FAA airplane registration to me is laughable. Of all my vehicles, it is the cheapest and least frequent of all. It's simple and easy.

All my other vehicles I log into the State website, type in their plate numbers, hit "pay" and they're done. The stickers show up in the mail in about three days. I can also use that website to check status at any time.

FAA desperately needs an IT / Public website dept that knows WTF it's doing.

FAA desperately needs an IT / Public website dept that knows WTF it's doing.

This is very true. This would require the FAA be knocked down a peg from being a rouge government fiefdom and actually care about aviation and the end user though...

You're right. Can you tell me exactly how many companies he has ran were bankrupted vs not? I'm guessing you have no clue about Drumpf's history. He's a real swell guy. ;)
Liberals are so cute!

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anywhere in the article where they inferred that it was scandalous or questioned the ethicacy of The Donald's move. They just reported the event with a neutral tone.

Did I miss something?

The author clearly implied that Trump was potentially doing something unconventional and perhaps not entirely above board. At the very least, it was specifically suggested that he received favorable treatment not available to others. After mentioning "paperwork" issues, and suggesting that Trump operated the jet out of compliance with FAA regulations, the author wraps up with this quote:

"Mr. Trump was taking advantage of a bureaucratic maneuver that is not readily available."

I otherwise find it rather difficult to believe that the readers of the NYT have a general interest in the regulatory nuances of private jet ownership.

This story falls closely behind another NYT story about Trump's history and alleged abuse of women. Unfortunately for the integrity of the NYT, that story was quickly discredited when the main "victim" emerged the next day to dispute the story, saying that the Times twisted her words to fit their desired narrative.

JKG

Back