Dogs at Gaston's

Check with your vet. There's a canine version (ascriptin?) that may be better than the baby asprin.

The vet wanted me to cut back on Jake's two adult 325mg aspirins a day - due to concerns about stomach troubles - but said there was no point in baby aspirin. The vet insisted on buffered aspirin.

I tested and observed per the vet and Jake shows some slowness and stiffness in his caboose if I stop the aspirin. He'll get one each night.

I had prescription Metacam for Pancho but it's expensive and I don't think it works any better than aspirin. Sorta like prescription Celebrex vs. Naproxen (where the last story says over the counter Naproxen is safer.)

15 days to go, Mike! :yes: I had thought that Nikki would not make another Gaston's... but she has surprised all of us including her oncologist. See you both soon! :D

Good to hear. Nikki is a great dog (not as wonderful as mine, of course, but who's counting?). I hope the trip is enjoyable for all.

15 days to go, Mike! :yes: I had thought that Nikki would not make another Gaston's... but she has surprised all of us including her oncologist. See you both soon! :D

Jake is warming up his kisser for y'ouse.

(Yeah. His caboose healed up real fine.)

Attachments

• Jake IMG_0182 sm.jpg
    Jake IMG_0182 sm.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wish I had a sociable doggie, but V-Rat thinks it's her sworn duty to eat every other dog, no matter how large.

Back