Doggy hips!

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
I was going to post this on Nicks other thread on, uh, well... you know. But I decided that I am NOT going to post on that disgusting thread!!! :vomit:

So, ok, our middle dog just got a hip replacement! New socket, new femoral head, the whole damn works. Cost almost FOUR AMUs!! :eek:

And ten days later, he doesn't think there's anything wrong with him, can't understand why he's still confined to a crate (barking whining complaining ALL night!), and I'm NOT looking forward to the next 4 1/2 + months, where he'll still have to be physically restricted - leash walking, etc.

Lord, I'd shoot his butt but that would be $4K wasted. :no: Ok, no I wouldn't. But I've WANTED to shoot him. :yes:

The dog I literally grew up with got put down a few years ago due to hip dysplasia, and though I want to get a new puppy myself, I just don't know how I could handle a situation like that. Bleh.

I hope all works well with the new hips.

Glad the dog is doing fine. :yes: Sorry the bank account is not.:no:

I was going to post this on Nicks other thread on, uh, well... you know. But I decided that I am NOT going to post on that disgusting thread!!! :vomit:

So, ok, our middle dog just got a hip replacement! New socket, new femoral head, the whole damn works. Cost almost FOUR AMUs!! :eek:

And ten days later, he doesn't think there's anything wrong with him, can't understand why he's still confined to a crate (barking whining complaining ALL night!), and I'm NOT looking forward to the next 4 1/2 + months, where he'll still have to be physically restricted - leash walking, etc.

Lord, I'd shoot his butt but that would be $4K wasted. :no: Ok, no I wouldn't. But I've WANTED to shoot him. :yes:

$4K?????:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:

Plenty of three legged dogs perfectly happy and mobile out there...

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was, "I dated that girl, once..."

Anyone know what human hip replacements go for these days?

Not sure on the cost :dunno: but I've had mine since October 86 !

We had our Italian Mastif's left ACL replaced prior to turning two, now she has gimpy days on her right knee as well. Total cost $2,500 with the swim therapy of course.

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title, my first thought was, "I dated that girl, once..."

I'm not going there. Nuh, uh, not me. (bites tongue). That's way to open....

Oh, what the hell.

Nope, can't do it. :D

Sorry to hear about your dog Tom. Right now I am missing my 2 BIG TIME!!!! Tomorrow will be a year I had to put them down. :(

Oh...whats an AMU?

A close friend had here Husky's hip replaced in the late 1990's. Cost $2500 back then. Great dog, total character. Couldn't imagine her life without that little hound. It was a bargain :yes:

Sucks. I know that if something that cost too much money came up with Piper, I'd have to find a way to get it fixed. Its easy to say "But its just a dog" and in fact, I used to feel that way before I got Piper, but now I know it ain't that easy.

Sigh.

Well, if I have the money, then my pet is eligible for heroic measures. But not if the money's needed for my daughter's college fund, or bills, or other needs.

As George Carlin once said... "Life... is a series of dogs."

I've always heard it as AU, or aviation unit = $1,000

I'm guessing an AMU is an Avation Monetary Unit???
Yup!

And no question about it, I've wanted to shoot both Dancer (with the hips) and Mica, the insane Cattle Dog. Actually when we first adopted Dancer, he was SUCH a little sh*t that both Maria and I dreamed - daily!! - of strangling him with our bare hands! Apple (who is daddy's girl), well, I've never wanted to shoot Apple! :no:

But yeah, I love 'em absolutely to pieces, no question about it. Can't even imagine what it'll be like when they go. Dang. :(

Probably, but unlike dogs, with kids, you can't leave 'em alone over the weekend until they're, what?, 8? 9 years old? :D

Yeah, but you can sell kids for more, and they taste better cooked medium well over a spit.

Well, if I have the money, then my pet is eligible for heroic measures. But not if the money's needed for my daughter's college fund, or bills, or other needs.

As George Carlin once said... "Life... is a series of dogs."
Sometimes, you're the dog, others, the hydrant.

Good luck with the pooch!

OK, Bill - Choose Quick!!! The dogs or the wife - which to keep???

That's a dynamic question. Sometimes the dogs and sometimes the wife.
At least when the dogs give you $h!t, you can just clean it up.

Yeah, but you can sell kids for more, and they taste better cooked medium well over a spit.

"Matthew, don't bother Henning. In fact don't go downstairs at all"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back