Dog Poop Advice

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
This is disgusting, and I can't believe I let it get this far.

My apartment has a little fenced in area out back that I let Piper run around in while I sleep during the day, and during the semester, I wasn't getting much free time other than the time I spent sleeping to recover between either work and school.

Well....lets just say I've let the poop pile up back there, and its pretty dang nasty now. I decided today would be the day that I clean it up, and then it occured to me.....its on rocks, not grass. I have no idea how to actually clean it up. On grass, its easy enough to just shovel it up, but the rocks kind of absorbed most of it.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a way to dispose of the poop?

Garden hose. And then if you can keep him off it for a day you might want to spray it down with some bleach diluted 1:4 with water in a garden sprayer.

Also pick up the dry stuff and break the rock off, you might want to stop by the drug store and get some latex gloves. At the very least wash your hands when you are done.

Also pick up the dry stuff and break the rock off, you might want to stop by the drug store and get some latex gloves. At the very least wash your hands when you are done.

The scene from Jurassic Park comes to mind with Jeff Goldblum...:rofl:

bah just move the fence to a different part of the yard. you are moving soon anyway right? ;)

Ask your neighbors to come over and shoot it off?

Anyone have a good suggestion for a way to dispose of the poop?

We used to use bread bags. put your hand down in, pick up the doggie nuggets, and then peel the bag off your arm and out around your hand. Instant bagged doggie poop. No mess, no muss.

Go to wally world and buy a box of cheap wally brand gallon sized ziplocks and bag away.

Ask your neighbors to come over and shoot it off?

LOL!

Nick. First you'll need the following:

1. Full Hazmat suit with Fireman's 02 system.

2. Flamethrower

3. 7,200 gallons of simple green, the corrosive kind, not they avaition kind.

4. Kerosene

5. A match because you've expended the contents of the flame thrower

6. Imagination :lightning:

7. Oh yeah, two "E" Estes rockets.

We used to use bread bags. put your hand down in, pick up the doggie nuggets, and then peel the bag off your arm and out around your hand. Instant bagged doggie poop. No mess, no muss.

Go to wally world and buy a box of cheap wally brand gallon sized ziplocks and bag away.
Plastic grocery bags; they're free.

If he has enough. From the description, I *know* I don't have enough grocery/bread bags at home for THAT job. :eek:
Thinking back to when I was single and living alone, you're probably right. With three growing kids, I have a boatload of them. ~$700 a month at the grocery store.

advice - don't step in it.

Especially not barefoot. Was running through the backyard one day when I was younger, and suddenly slipped on something warm and mushy.

Thinking back to when I was single and living alone, you're probably right. With three growing kids, I have a boatload of them. ~$700 a month at the grocery store.

Good thing your wife is a lawyer and making the big bucks. Feeding kids is more expensive than flying or boats (and probably both together). BTDT.

Especially not barefoot. Was running through the backyard one day when I was younger, and suddenly slipped on something warm and mushy.

Gee and I thought walking barefoot through the grass and feeling something squishy in my toes that turned out to be a slug was icky. You win.

what the hell bob, that is the craziest thing ive ever seen.

mom: "what do you want to be when you grow up little johnny?"
johnny: "a pooper scooper"

probably pays better than cfiing!

Pull a grading permit from the city. Buy a Hazmat suit. Rent a backhoe. Move your back yard to the druggie neighbor's front door. Prepare for evac. Don't look back.

what the hell bob, that is the craziest thing ive ever seen.

mom: "what do you want to be when you grow up little johnny?"
johnny: "a pooper scooper"

probably pays better than cfiing!

I think there was a King of the Hill episode where Bobby started working as a pooper scooper and was racking in all kinds of money.

It's worse ....when it is COLD and mushy....:vomit: :hairraise:

I think I'd try spraying it down with Nature's Miracle. We used to use it in the kennels and it worked. Of course, that was concrete kennels. I'm not sure what the stuff would do to grass, but it can't be any worse than the bleach.

Nature's Miracle

Last edited:
Pour Avgas over the back yard and light it. :hairraise: Incinerate the poop. Less dangerous than the meth lab down the street. :rolleyes:

Uhhh...Ummm...you let Piper inside after running around out there?

Back