Does the military spoof ADS-B info?

Probably simply the system getting a TIS relay that due to a glitch was reported just far enough away your system interpreted it as two targets. It could also have been a flight of two aircraft with only one broadcasting ADSB. Maneuvering fighters can have very inconsistent GS. Maybe they were doing a 1v1 and you wandered into the middle of it. We’re you in a MOA?

No. Was outside the MOA, but like I said the GS from the ADS-B was slower than my GS, and he caught and passed me.

If it's TISB the groundspeed would have to be computed either in your box or from delayed radar returns. Either would be significantly thrown off by maneuvering.

There was no TIS-B ground speed. ADS-B displayed groundspeed while pacing me didn't match reality.

I hear military a lot at my home base on the radio but get no ads-b data from them. Once another pilot asked them to turn it on and then they showed up. I think it's a mixed bag if they have it and then if they feel like turning it on.

In the DC area....most have the ADS-B 'on'. I see POTUS go by on ADS-B....and it's fairly real time as I see out my window him going by. Most military shows up.

Back