Does Scott Migaldi ever sleep? (no really, this is relevant)

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
While noticing that Scott (smigaldi) seems to not sleep (or presently be in a different time zone) as evidenced by the 5:30 AM and then 7:40 AM posts that I observed, I wanted to check to see if he had posts at more insane hours, like, say, 3 AM.

I clicked on the "Find more posts by..." for Scott, and the page said I was required to wait 5 seconds between searches, please try again in 5 seconds. After trying this repeatedly, it still doesn't work.

It seems to work for others, though, so the problem appears to be isolated to Scott. Maybe he overloaded the system with his number of posts? :goofy:

Now I'm getting this message for everyone, it seems...

Now I'm getting this message for everyone, it seems...
I've been getting the message for several days now. Someone else posted about it last week, so it is not just us.

Odd. I'm not getting it. I'll have to bring tester out of his cage later to look into this.

While noticing that Scott (smigaldi) seems to not sleep (or presently be in a different time zone) as evidenced by the 5:30 AM and then 7:40 AM posts that I observed, I wanted to check to see if he had posts at more insane hours, like, say, 3 AM.
I am currently in CDT. I often get up at 3am for a couple of hours. mostly because I seem to suffer permanent jet lag. This morning was no exception. So while others are asleep in my house I try to be quiet and that is best served by getting on the computer instead of firing up the banjo at 3am!!! ;)

But I do also end up in weird timezones and post pretty much near round the clock.

I am currently in CDT. I often get up at 3am for a couple of hours. mostly because I seem to suffer permanent jet lag. This morning was no exception. So while others are asleep in my house I try to be quiet and that is best served by getting on the computer instead of firing up the banjo at 3am!!! ;)

Banjo? Forget about that, fire up the cowbell! Blue Oyster Cult needs a new cowbell player! :yes:

But I do also end up in weird timezones and post pretty much near round the clock.

Yes, this part I knew. The subject of the post only had to do with how I initially discovered this issue, which had to do with curiosity on your sleeping habits. ;)

Banjo? Forget about that, fire up the cowbell! Blue Oyster Cult needs a new cowbell player! :yes:
I did get a new speaker cabinet for my bass. I now am running 300 Watts into a 15" horn and two 10" inch horns. On Friday I was jamming and actually knocked a ceiling tile loose in the basement!!!

What kills me is Karen's still is blowing my doors off with her amp!

Works for me, in fact, I can't set off that 5 second timer no matter how fast I load the searches.

I did get a new speaker cabinet for my bass. I now am running 300 Watts into a 15" horn and two 10" inch horns. On Friday I was jamming and actually knocked a ceiling tile loose in the basement!!!

I've got my Fender Strat going through I believe a 10" speaker. It'll make enough noise that my dog won't be happy, but then again considering the fact that I'm a pretty terrible guitar player, I think the dog is unhappy regardless of volume. :)

And it seems to be hit or miss for me, but the "Find posts by..." is working at best 5% of the time.

Scott does not sleep as humans do. An existence such as that of a horse comes to mind.

:)

Nope, not getting it as tester either.

Ok - what browser are you using if you're getting this error?

I am using IE 6 getting this error. For what it's worth, this is behind the super-secret IT at work. I haven't tried this at home.

Next time you try to search, when you get that error, hit Ctrl-F5. Let me know what happens.

Next time you try to search, when you get that error, hit Ctrl-F5. Let me know what happens.

If I wait 5 seconds, that appears to complete the search. If I don't, it then tells me to wait the appropriate number of seconds. So, that seems to work.

Getting ready for an Asia trip again Ted so I am up at 2:30am. Morning!
Morning, Scott!
We're just going to bed. Planning on leaving for Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Meteor Crater, and Sedona at 8:30!

Hers goes up to 11.

Getting ready for an Asia trip again Ted so I am up at 2:30am. Morning!

Good morning, Scott! I went to bed about an hour and a half before you woke up. Some friends are visiting, and so rather than my normal usual bed time of 10-11 (I'm an old man) we stayed up and watched "Speed Racer", going to bed at close to 1.

Mach-a-go-go! Mach-a-go-go! Mach-a-go-go-goooooooooooooooo!

Have fun in Asia! (while the sentiment is genuine I know it's another business trip)

Good morning, Scott! I went to bed about an hour and a half before you woke up. Some friends are visiting, and so rather than my normal usual bed time of 10-11 (I'm an old man) we stayed up and watched "Speed Racer", going to bed at close to 1.

Mach-a-go-go! Mach-a-go-go! Mach-a-go-go-goooooooooooooooo!

Have fun in Asia! (while the sentiment is genuine I know it's another business trip)
Was that movie Speed Racer?

I still have not seen it yet. I love Speed Racer and I love the Waschowski brothers. If you did see the movie I am interested in what you thought.

Was that movie Speed Racer?

I still have not seen it yet. I love Speed Racer and I love the Waschowski brothers. If you did see the movie I am interested in what you thought.

Yep, it was the Speed Racer movie. I, too, love the old Speed Racer and the Waschowski brothers. So, I give you my opinion. :)

I actually liked the movie quite a bit. The racing bits of it were, of course, pretty unrealistic because of the animation, but it fell in line fairly well with the unrealistic parts of the cartoon. It amazed me how they got actors that did such a good job of matching with the cartoon characters. Speed was the only one who didn't match his cartoon form well.

The plot was reasonably good. I'd definitely watch it again, and will buy it when it gets onto the DVD rack.

So play the next game of "Where in the world is Scott Migaldi?", where are you now? :D

Yep, more proof, you never sleep. :D

The question ya gotta ask is how Scott deals with jet lag.

Melatonin can make ya groggy.

The question ya gotta ask is how Scott deals with jet lag.

Melatonin can make ya groggy.
I am getting ready to head home so it is time to return to US time. My return to home time starts even before I leave. For instance today I went to bed at 4pm HKT (3am CDT) and it is now midnight (11am CDT)and I am waking up to do some work. I have to catch the ferry at 0815 and then my flight at 1245. After have lunch on the flight I will also take a long nap.

Back