Does instruction count as time in type?

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
Asking for a friend that is a CFI but not on POA.

If somebody gives instruction in an aircraft does that count as time in type, for insurance purposes, assuming that the CFI of course has all the necessary endorsements for the aircraft in question.

when I was asked about this I gave a resounding yes, but I am far from subject matter expert on this, and figured I would ask the brain trust here on Poa.

If somebody gives instruction in an aircraft does that count as time in type, for insurance purposes, assuming that the CFI of course has all the necessary endorsements for the aircraft in question.

when I was asked about this I gave a resounding yes, but I am far from subject matter expert on this, and figured I would ask the brain trust here on Poa.
If I’m logging the time it’s time in type. But I’m just a hillbilly pilot that hasn’t come close to logging every hour I’ve flown.

don't cfi's log all time instructing in a plane? if you're logging time, it has to be IN something, no? I don't see how you can log time that wasn't in any type at all, maybe barring sim time. but wtf do I know.

If somebody gives instruction in an aircraft does that count as time in type, for insurance purposes

Seems like that's a question for an insurance company, no?

14 CFR 61.51(e)(3):
A certificated flight instructor may log pilot in command flight time for all flight time while serving as the authorized instructor in an operation if the instructor is rated to act as pilot in command of that aircraft.

Authorized instructor means -
(ii) A person who holds a flight instructor certificate issued under part 61 of this chapter and is in compliance with § 61.197, when conducting ground training or flight training in accordance with the privileges and limitations of his or her flight instructor certificate; or

Back