Does anyone have tug bar like this?

Jdm

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jdm
I’m trying to find an owners manual for my tug.
It’s called a LittleStar Thrust Tug. The company is apparently no longer in business.

Attachments

• 6F10D7FE-47BA-40B5-B4EA-153964FC3C67.jpeg
    6F10D7FE-47BA-40B5-B4EA-153964FC3C67.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 144F394F-EE38-4372-BAB5-BFA6352FB8FA.png
    144F394F-EE38-4372-BAB5-BFA6352FB8FA.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 101
  • E430D1A8-9B11-49F0-B213-67BF49C4304E.jpeg
    E430D1A8-9B11-49F0-B213-67BF49C4304E.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 95
Do you have an issue? I have one as well and understand most about how it works as well as a few things I needed to fix.

Yeah, just a few things. It’s always worked but the pins with the T handles are jammed in place. I was able to drive one out but the pivot points are definitely not usable. I’m in the process of replacing the drill motor housing due to a crack. Figured I’d try to read up on what all this thing can really do.
The attachment that I have works on a Cessna. We have an A36 and a Cessna. I’d like to use it for both. A hanger neighbor gave me a couple of attachments that should fit for the Bonanza.
Just trying to do some research to help get it dialed in properly. Also probably needs preventative maintenance. Gear oil should probably be changed, etc.

I think that's cool! Do you supply your own drill? As in could you use a 1/2", high torque, low rpm corded electric if you wanted?

It came with a 36v Dewalt 1/2 inch drive cordless. It’s mount onto the tug. I found another (exact model) on eBay that’s in great shape. The old ones still works. Just had a cracked case from where it tipped over once. Figure I’ll swap out the drill and have the old one for parts

Ok, that's already a pretty powerful drill then. Good luck with it.

Yeah, just a few things. It’s always worked but the pins with the T handles are jammed in place. I was able to drive one out but the pivot points are definitely not usable.
Does your twist grip unlock to turn? My T handles are frozen as well, but the head pivots fine with the twist grip on the handle bar. Took me a while to figure that one. I wouldn’t change the gear oil, just not that much wear. Can’t help on the adapters, I’ve got a Cherokee. The shaft that connects to the drill can work loose. The two Allen bolts that hold the chuck allow access to the shaft and you can get the chuck tight. Don’t charge the battery right after use. It gets hot and can shorten battery life if charged hot.

My twist grip works fine. It allows it to pivot or lock depending on handle position. I’ve been keeping it locked. Seems to work better that way.
There’s also a small set of dolly wheels that attach to the back end. Seems to be more of a PIA then just leaving them off.

Dolly wheels are handy to move it when not attached to a plane. Also can push down for traction with a foot. Be careful when using the dolly wheels as the back of the drill is at nut level. Sudden stops can be painful.

So what’s the deal with T handle pins?

Back