Do you think the pilots reported this?

The airport source said the pilot may have tipped off cops about pot smoking on board because Customs was waiting when the jet touched down.

Sounds like he was ratted out. That has to suck, being a charter pilot and getting a contact buzz off the tards in the back.

If someone smoked pot in my charter plane they would be buying me a new interior, paying the lease on a temporary jet while it was down for a month getting the new interior, and what ever else damages my lawyer can get from the pot head.

If someone smoked pot in my charter plane they would be buying me a new interior, paying the lease on a temporary jet while it was down for a month getting the new interior, and what ever else damages my lawyer can get from the pot head.

There's no such thing as a 'temporary jet'. Every plane used by a charter company has to be listed on its certificate and must go through conformity to get there. That would eat up the month.

Besides, the pot smell could be gotten rid of in an afternoon with a detailing. You don't need a new interior.

Or you just take the dumbass' money, buy some febreez and keep chartering him jets at an insane rate to more than compensate for your troubles.

I would hope they turned him in,since he has no respect for anyone but himself. Would hate to loose my certs for his dumba-- actions.

Coming from Canada, being met my Customs would be SOP.

Coming from Canada, being met my Customs would be SOP.

I've never flown in from Canada that I wasn't met but US Customs, they met me every time. If he was coming from California, I would think somebody ratted him out, like Ron White's former pilots "allegedly" did a few years ago. I don't know the exact rules, but I wouldn't think a pilot would want to be caught flying an airplane load of weed into the US.:nonod:

There's no such thing as a 'temporary jet'. Every plane used by a charter company has to be listed on its certificate and must go through conformity to get there. That would eat up the month.

Besides, the pot smell could be gotten rid of in an afternoon with a detailing. You don't need a new interior.

Well enough for a drug dog not to alert on it later and ruin your day?

One more reason I'm glad I'm not a charter pilot - don't have to deal with douche bags like that.

Ill give you the 135 ops part but not the cleaning.

Just let someone smoke in there then let it sit on a hot ramp for an afternoon. Might as well pull the exists and leave the MED open to vent the thing.

Years ago when this wasn't such a big deal (pre-Nancy Reagan) a buddy flew Heart in a hawker. Had to ask them to tone it down as they were overpowering the systems capability to keep the air clean.....ah, the old days.

Ricky Nelson died free basing in the back of a DC3, this ain't a first for drugs in the back.

When you fly in to the US on a private aircraft, is Customs given a passenger list before your arrival?

What would the pilots report? "Stopped at KTEB on intl flight plan. Met by customs and immigration. Cleared both, went on to next charter job".

This is one of those cases where 'move along folks, nothing to see here' really is very accurate.

Bieber smokes $8K a week in pot according to the article. Maybe he and Toronto Mayor Ford should meet up! There meant for each other :crazy::goofy::rockon:

One of the late night shows did a segment about possible 2014 news headlines.

One stated

Mayor Rob Ford appoints Justin Bieber Chief of Police :rofl::rofl:

Well, I think that could be the answer to why this flight was scrutinized when it arrived.

The passenger had just been everywhere the news, in good part because of drugs (you couldn't miss it), then just days later his name appears on a passenger list arriving at customs. So instead of just one customs agent giving the plane and passengers a quick look, there was a bigger reception.

No need for the pilots to call attention to the flight. The passenger list, and the news about the passenger, did it.

Does that sound about right?

Well, I think that could be the answer to why this flight was scrutinized when it arrived.

The passenger had just been everywhere the news, in good part because of drugs (you couldn't miss it), then just days later his name appears on a passenger list arriving at customs. So instead of just one customs agent giving the plane and passengers a quick look, there was a bigger reception.

No need for the pilots to call attention to the flight. The passenger list, and the news about the passenger, did it.

Pilots probably called to cover their own ass.

FWIW every flight into the US requires an eAPIS passenger manifest, that list has to be approved before the aircraft can depart for the USA. You also have to have one to leave the US. I'll go into mad fit if I say much more :)

Flying in anywhere into the US from foreign, you will get checked by CBP, your information must be transmitted ahead of time and will be checked. Now this clown has been all over the news which mentions drug use. So would I be all over it? He'll yeah. But he also should not be allowed into the United States due to his drug use. Drug Abuser/ Drug Addict 212(a)(1)(A)(iv), his visa should be revoked and send his ass home.

Flying in anywhere into the US from foreign, you will get checked by CBP, your information must be transmitted ahead of time and will be checked. Now this clown has been all over the news which mentions drug use. So would I be all over it? He'll yeah. But he also should not be allowed into the United States due to his drug use. Drug Abuser/ Drug Addict 212(a)(1)(A)(iv), his visa should be revoked and send his ass home.

I'm wondering if they're going to expand the LBO (Local Boaters Option) program down here to aviation as well, there's been some talk. I have a PIN so that when I come back from the Bahamas with a US flag boat, I can clear Customs and Immigration with just a phone call, no more presenting myself within 24hrs.

Urban legend BS that was discounted by the NTSB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Nelson

Nelson used marijuana early in his musical career, and became a regular user. He buried his stash in his yard. He supported marijuana's legalization. He tried mescaline and was a regular cocaine user, carrying the drug in an empty ginseng capsule.

During the Nelson divorce proceedings, he was accused by his wife's attorney of using cocaine, quaaludes, and other drugs, and of having "a severe drug problem" encouraged by his managers, his entourage, and his groupies. The attorney noted that Nelson's "personal manager" secured drugs for Nelson, that wild parties took place in his home whether he was present or not, and that his children, aware of his drug use, were in great physical danger from drugged persons entering and exiting the house at all hours. Following Nelson's divorce, while he was involved with Helen Blair, his drug use grew so dire that friends urged him to seek treatment for substance abuse.

Traces of cocaine, marijuana, and the painkiller Darvon were found in Nelson's blood in tests conducted after his death.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they're going to expand the LBO (Local Boaters Option) program down here to aviation as well, there's been some talk. I have a PIN so that when I come back from the Bahamas with a US flag boat, I can clear Customs and Immigration with just a phone call, no more presenting myself within 24hrs.

I wouldn't doubt it, they are slowly eliminating more actual border searches, EAPIS, trusted traveler programs, global entry, etc. only when something happens again they will do away with all the programs. It already has been showing flaws. Doing a bag search on a global entry traveler is like pulling teeth, even though they have been caught smuggling drugs.

Nelson used marijuana early in his musical career, and became a regular user. He buried his stash in his yard. He supported marijuana's legalization. He tried mescaline and was a regular cocaine user, carrying the drug in an empty ginseng capsule.

During the Nelson divorce proceedings, he was accused by his wife's attorney of using cocaine, quaaludes, and other drugs, and of having "a severe drug problem" encouraged by his managers, his entourage, and his groupies. The attorney noted that Nelson's "personal manager" secured drugs for Nelson, that wild parties took place in his home whether he was present or not, and that his children, aware of his drug use, were in great physical danger from drugged persons entering and exiting the house at all hours. Following Nelson's divorce, while he was involved with Helen Blair, his drug use grew so dire that friends urged him to seek treatment for substance abuse.

Traces of cocaine, marijuana, and the painkiller Darvon were found in Nelson's blood in tests conducted after his death.

Wow, quoting Wikipedia quoting divorce proceeding allegations, there's a sure way to find truth.

Wow, quoting Wikipedia quoting divorce proceeding allegations, there's a sure way to find truth.

Besides, there was nothing in that quote to affirm Tom's claim that he was free basing in the back of the DC-3. Smoke, mirrors, and red herrings.

All flights are scrutinized by US Customs, even if the passengers are frequent travelers and known to the agents. They always board the airplane and if someone was smoking pot I'm sure it would be noticed.

Wikipedia Tom? Really???

Next time you try to perpetuate a rumor, try looking for something more creditable:

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-05-29/news/mn-2163_1_rick-nelson

WASHINGTON — The airplane crash that killed singer Rick Nelson and six others was caused by a fire that started in the cabin but apparently was not ignited by passengers using drugs, National Transportation Safety Board investigators said Thursday after an 18-month probe.

It won't be long before we read about this idiot overdosed on pills or something like that. Sad isn't it. They have the world by the balls and just can't handle it.

It won't be long before we read about this idiot overdosed on pills or something like that. Sad isn't it. They have the world by the balls and just can't handle it.

Nah! We don't need more of that type. Won't be long before he pulls a Janis Joplin.

So they didn't find anything and he was released. That's not really news. As to the jet, leave the door open for a hour, and the smell will be gone.

Next time you try to perpetuate a rumor, try looking for something more creditable:

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-05-29/news/mn-2163_1_rick-nelson

from your reference

Federal investigators said they could not determine conclusively the cause of the blaze, which filled the cabin and cockpit with smoke, but added that a likely source was a heater that reportedly had caused problems during the flight.

how does anyone do the freebasing thing? Someone set a fire in the cabin, and the -3 heater is not known for failures like this. Some one is trying to save the reputation of Ricky.

Back