do you pray before you fly?

I don't pray before anything because, well, I don't pray.

I do however have a St. Christopher medal in my plane that was a gift from mom when I bought my first plane. And since it was for an airplane, having the local priest bless it wasn't good enough for her. She hand carried it to the Archbishop of the St. Louis diocese and had him bless it.

I keep it in the plane not because I'm religious but out of respect for, and as an homage to, mom... Love ya mom, RIP.

THAT is very cool.
Thanks for sharing it. :yes:

Actually, all humans are thought to have originated from one woman, the so-called mitochondrial Eve, who lived in Africa, though the timeline is more like 200,000 years than 4,000.

Yes but not QUITE fully correct. She is the most recent common ancestor on the female side of all LIVING human beings. She has nothing to do with the population bottleneck. That bottleneck eliminated the offspring of a potentially much earlier mitochondrial Eve.

And mitochondrial Eve never met her male equivalent Y-Chromosomal Adam.

Pretty cool stuff. There are companies that you can send a personal DNA sample to and they will analyze your DNA and track the path of all your male ancestors in the direct paternal line back many thousands of years and the same of all your female ancestors in the maternal line. I've done it, it's pretty interesting.

Well, if you trust an invisible sky wizard to pilot your butt safely, if I was your cfi I would be having a coming to Jesus moment as well.

Silence is better if you have nothing to say.

Pilots believe in GPS, no? Did ya know GPS satellites are calibrated to adjust their time to offset for their speed? Turns out Einstein's theory of relativity says objects moving faster have a hard time shift compared to those moving slower...and time shifts in a system dependent on time is bad...ergo the calibration.

Just so anyone wondering how solid scientific 'theories' are...they are solid. To the point we can calibrate a GPS satellite to the nano-second to enable pin-point geo-location world wide. The theory of evolution is not debatable except amongst retards.

Pilots believe in GPS, no? Did ya know GPS satellites are calibrated to adjust their time to offset for their speed? Turns out Einstein's theory of relativity says objects moving faster have a hard time shift compared to those moving slower...and time shifts in a system dependent on time is bad...ergo the calibration.

Just so anyone wondering how solid scientific 'theories' are...they are solid. To the point we can calibrate a GPS satellite to the nano-second to enable pin-point geo-location world wide. The theory of evolution is not debatable except amongst retards.

God inspired science, they are not in competition. We are supposed to learn all these things in order to evolve and go forth making observations. As sentient beings, we are the tools of creation. That was what Bohr was here to teach us. Creation is observed inspiration. We are not a random accident of chaos, we are a tool designed for a purpose, to create, and we do it on two planes, the quantum plane and the relativistic plane. The quantum plane is the essence of creation, the relativistic plane is continuation of creation. We only understand the relativistic plane though because it is the one that supports us as individuals. However we are more than individuals, we are cells of a larger organism, and the quantum plane supports the organism as a whole.

We are just beginning to learn the quantum plane now, but there is a road block that is in the path. The road block is that the community that has the control of the technology and the educational system that is working on learning refuses to allow for a preeminent intelligence behind creation. Had it not been for Constantine corrupting Christianity and lying about the nature of God, turning it into a tool to serve money, this would not be so. But he did, and his followers in order to protect their position, same as the greedy people who took over the financial makes do today, persecuted scientists who were looking for truth and found that it did not coincide with the propaganda. So rather than understanding the universe, there is a great deal of money being made by the leaders of both sides of the war between religion and science, but no truth for mankind to be able to advance and evolve with.

If it weren't for that, then academia would have looked at nature and seen the obvious, nothing this complex forms from chaos, it just doesn't. Look at nature, everything is symbiotic, there is no waste. Everywhere you look, nothing is wasted, everything gets reused, and all life creates energy, even plants and all the living micro organisms. Anywhere life can be supported, there is a life living there, even down in the deep ocean vents feeding on stuff that would kill us if we breath it. They can't make observations, or information, but they can and do make energy. Everything continuously converts on thing's waste matter and turns it into food for for something else at the same time it produces it's existential products.

The entire universe is like that, and the universe is just a tiny fraction of the greater multiverse; the organism we are part of. What man has always sensed as "God" is the central intelligence of that organism, an intelligence all sentient life shares. There is no "them" in all of creation, there is only us, but nobody in control of society wants us to know that, because then they wouldn't be the master of their universe, everything wouldn't be about them personally. Therefor we'll never evolve into the species we are meant to be, the planet will get an abortion, and we will be die on our womb; left to feed something else and be recycled. Kind of a shame, because we have the potential to go all the way, but we we won't choose to. We are so afraid of change and loss that we won't take the chance.

Last edited:

evolution is very very very poorly understood and hardly "not debateable". Did you know that some fossils remain largely unchanged for thousands and thousands of years then "boom" a new variant shows up one day out of nowhere? Ooopsie, let's just call that "punctuated equilibrium" by pulling it out of our asses and move along.

I, like you, thought the debate was over until I went to a university and studied evolution for four years. Then I realized most of the so called scientist are full of **** with huge egos. Only a retard would accept what we know now as "not debateable"

Whether I agree ore disagreed with you, this is a short sighted slant.
Canning someone a retard for not believing something is retarded.

Why should I believe in an atom?

Nobody has ever seen one. Never ever ever. There are lots of books about them and they work like magic. I mean you are telling me all those like charged parts in the nucleus don't repel in this one instance?
The opposite charged particles don't attract in this one instance?
Nobody can show me one so I have to believe it on Faith and text?

That sounds retarded to me.

The average Christian believes a lot of bunk and its getting worse. That bunk dues overshadow anything that could be plausible religious theory.

Believers are probably going to lead to their own end by making this stuff more nonsensical as they pass it on and also use it for war hate and racism.
The more crap people invent to add to their belief the less believable it is.

There may be some left over stuff at the core of a spiritual belief worth pondering but the "retards" have watered it down so much that from the scientific side it really does appear retarded.

evolution is very very very poorly understood and hardly "not debateable". Did you know that some fossils remain largely unchanged for thousands and thousands of years then "boom" a new variant shows up one day out of nowhere? Ooopsie, let's just call that "punctuated equilibrium" by pulling it out of our asses and move along.

I, like you, thought the debate was over until I went to a university and studied evolution for four years. Then I realized most of the so called scientist are full of **** with huge egos. Only a retard would accept what we know now as "not debateable"

Evolutionary theory is very well understand in general, but yes, some parts more than others. The general overarching theory premise is not debatable, except by those who don't understand it.

I am curious how you could study evolution for four years. Was this at the undergraduate or graduate level?

Nobody has ever seen one. Never ever ever.

This is a good topic. We could argue that no one has seen a human either, but we have seen the light reflected off of humans. There has been imagery produced showing the localized energy of individual atoms, and we've all seen the trails produced from particles being smashed in various experiments. So we actually have "seen" atoms, or at least their interaction with their surroundings.

But I do get what you're saying in your post and agree with it.

This is a good topic. We could argue that no one has seen a human either, but we have seen the light reflected off of humans. There has been imagery produced showing the localized energy of individual atoms, and we've all seen the trails produced from particles being smashed in various experiments. So we actually have "seen" atoms, or at least their interaction with their surroundings.

But I do get what you're saying in your post and agree with it.

None of you exist, you're all just figments of my imagination.

None of you exist, you're all just figments of my imagination.

The interesting thing is, all of creation is a product of imagination. Imagination is a product of energy and information, what we produce with thought. That energy and information reacts with dark matter to convert and excite it into cosmic matter. We are not figments of imagination, we are products of imagination.

All of you shut up, leave your keyboards, drive to the airport and freaking FLY already!!

Nobody has ever seen one. Never ever ever. There are lots of books about them and they work like magic. I mean you are telling me all those like charged parts in the nucleus don't repel in this one instance?
The opposite charged particles don't attract in this one instance?
Nobody can show me one so I have to believe it on Faith and text?

How do you define "see"?

Here's some atoms imaged by atomic force microscopy. the molecule is olympicene named for the shape of the ring structure:

Olympicene_AFM.jpg

Here's another for pentacene:
IBM_Zurich_Press_Release_AFM_Image_Pentacene_Aug_2009.jpg

Here's a photo of Jesus

christinclouds-lrg.jpg

It is fuzzy and black and white but...

My only point is to the person that picks a side, the other side is just magic and books written by other people and easy to write off as not real.

Both sides are worth examining and both sides are worth questioning.
Everyone in science class believes in the workings of the atom because someone told them so or read it in a book. Not because they have seen it.

There are real scientists doing real work but for the most part the average person that choose science over religion does it with the same evidence that a follower chooses a religion. Hearsay, books, and trust of the deliverer of the message.

How do you define "see"?

Here's some atoms imaged by atomic force microscopy. the molecule is olympicene named for the shape of the ring structure:

Olympicene_AFM.jpg

Here's another for pentacene:
IBM_Zurich_Press_Release_AFM_Image_Pentacene_Aug_2009.jpg

Yep, atomic level microscopes, too cool.

Evolutionary theory is very well understand in general, but yes, some parts more than others. The general overarching theory premise is not debatable, except by those who don't understand it.

I am curious how you could study evolution for four years. Was this at the undergraduate or graduate level?

Minor in anthropology with an emphasis on human evolution. That was 12 years ago and they've drastically changed the timelines since. Gould, Goodall etc... Full of **** and ego.

Minor in anthropology with an emphasis on human evolution. That was 12 years ago and they've drastically changed the timelines since. Gould, Goodall etc... Full of **** and ego.

I'd call Anthropology Evolution "lite", but that would be an insult to "lite". Actually, its gotten loads better with the advent of molecular tools (which you MISSED). Still, a lot of upheavals now. New data that doesn't jive with the old paradigms.

I can promise you that the state of the art is considerably better and springs from a much greater experimental basis.

I thought anthropology was cultural evolution which would cover the development of the theory of evolution, not the science of physical evolution. :dunno:

Your minor hardly constitutes "four years of evolutionary study". Most of your coursework had nothing to do with evolution and that that did was mixed in with other coursework during your last 2.5 years. If you put together all the coursework you did that centered around evolution it probably wouldn't fill a single full year of study. So for you to poo-poo evolutionary theory would be like a high school student poo-pooing calculus.

How many senses does one have? Everyone says 5...sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.

But really you have one. Electrical. All those senses are really just electrical inputs into your brain and your brain is where YOU are. Your eyes convert light into electrical signals. Your ears convert sound into electrical signals...ect.

That leaves YOU as a passenger in your brain deciphering millions of electrical signals to make sense of the world around you. And make no mistake you're the passenger and not the driver. You drive your body the same way a passenger in a cab drives the car. Maybe you can pick a destination and maybe you can't. Lot's of meth users swear they're not going to their dealers any more only to find themselves standing in front of them.

Think you're in charge of your body? Try making your heart stop for just 5 seconds. Not so in charge after all...

Point is, we are all passengers in our bodies with limited control and all we have to glean information about the world around us is electrical stimuli inside our dark, wet skulls.

How many senses does one have? Everyone says 5...sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.

But really you have one. Electrical. All those senses are really just electrical inputs into your brain and your brain is where YOU are. Your eyes convert light into electrical signals. Your ears convert sound into electrical signals...ect.

That leaves YOU as a passenger in your brain deciphering millions of electrical signals to make sense of the world around you. And make no mistake you're the passenger and not the driver. You drive your body the same way a passenger in a cab drives the car. Maybe you can pick a destination and maybe you can't. Lot's of meth users swear they're not going to their dealers any more only to find themselves standing in front of them.

Think you're in charge of your body? Try making your heart stop for just 5 seconds. Not so in charge after all...

Point is, we are all passengers in our bodies with limited control and all we have to glean information about the world around us is electrical stimuli inside our dark, wet skulls.

Not to mention inspiration, imagination, conscience, and intelligence. So, if we are passengers, who's the captain? Without some intelligence in control, we would crash.

Back